Quantcast

nemesis project

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
...what goes around... comes back around...and goes around...
All it takes is a simple lie to start a fat mess. My second favorite thing a seller can do is start maniacally searching for someone or someTHING to point the finger at! It's always the shipping co, it's paypal, it's because you contacted me via PM rather than email, even though I didn't bother to ever say "hey, email me instead".
When a seller says "Yeah man, shoot me some cash, i'll drop your b---s off at the powdercoater tomorrow and ship them out in 4 days" should that make the buyer an asshat for being pissed when they don't show in two weeks time? Or no response? And then, two weeks later, he finally responds and tells you that he's going to drop them off at the PC'er and ship them out in 4 days time...again? And that it's your(the buyer) fault for this mess because you didn't think to email him. He just doesn't get on here enough to see his PMs, even though 3 days prior he posted in two other threads, I believe it was on the 12th even...
THEN, said quality seller posts a picture of your broken product(the reason buyer had contacted seller in the 1st place) in another thread(the 22.2 Bars thread, I believe) in an attempt to slam another comapany and to try to make himself appear as the better builder. Nice. And it was possibly even the same picture that the buyer got slammed for posting, despite the fact that the maker didn't mind at all, it WAS a proto after all...
Whew! I've been on vacation for a week with no cell and no phone, and just HAD to vent! I haven't even unloaded the Commander yet, but this apparently was all still packed in nicely! Thanks for helping me ditch my luggage!
My case was simple: DON'T FCKING SELL **** YOU DON'T HAVE. I think it's even in the Overpriced Boutique Builder's Bible. Sorry, I made up the "overpriced" part, possibly just my own personal opinion...

jeremyb

Monkey
Dec 3, 2004
Christchurch, New Zealand
A great business is not about the product, thats secondary, its about branding, marketing and customer satisfaction, many people get into business without the necessary skills to run a business properly and get overwhelmed by all the paper work and crap you have to go thru, but its all nothing a bit of training and mentoring can't help with and sometimes paying someone else to do some of those things for you, sounds like this is what Brad really needs to turn things around :)

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
...sounds like this is what Brad really needs to turn things around :)
So... I'm not the only one seeing him running it down the drain. The problem I see, is that I don't think he agrees that he's in the wrong in some/most of these cases. I know I'll never own a "Nem-Pro" product...atleast until it changes hands.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Well, that's not really MY goal, but has anyone EVER heard him atleast take partial resposibility for a deal gone wrong? I would have left my mess 100 percent neutral if he had said something like "Sorry dude, I got caught up with this little deal I made with an AUSTRAILIAN DEALER that I forgot to tell you about and decided that I have enough customers and your one little set of b--s and measly prepaid $65 aren't worth sticking to my word over." Atleast that would have been honesty, and there's only one way a person can deal with that, so you can like it or leave it. To me, he seemed more concerned about my opening my mouth in public than the fact that I was a tad more than dissappointed with his form of customer service.
I run a small biz with VERY picky customers, who's lives literally CAN(not always) depend on my product(rollcages) and it's on my card that the customer gets more than he/she pays for. And I've had to give away two rollcages now because I couldn't meet the timeframe I told them I would. And I still feel bad about it because one guy missed his opening season race and another guy, a rockcrawler, had to postpone a trip to Moab, Utah. I've had to do that and it just plain SUCKS. But, his cage was free and that allowed him to go a week later, and he still sends business to me. Next week, in fact. New parts for me!

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
ok i dont want to take sides at all here or piss off wch/cru etc or brad and nempro but this is the way i look at it and see things.

mike is pissed, he had to pay more than he thought and got a completion date that wasnt met. thats perfectly normal, i would be too

but over on brads side, he runs whats basically a one man op and hand polished that sh*t for mike, and its topnotch and handmade etc, and thats expensive.

brad gave him oe pricing on stuff, and he still needs to turn a profit, and even hooked him up with a hardtail also, hes losing money there too and helping him out

i have had had dealings with brad in the past, both good and bad

i think and these are my observation only, that people thinks brads an as*hole because he wants to hook you up and get stuff done, and makes promises he cant keep true to, because he either to mnay orders taken, or he's in the middle of something really big, so people get pissed at him.

just my opinion, dont flame me to death.
please?

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
It's the fact that he sells crap he doesn't have sitting there ready to go and doesn't mention it that is getting him into trouble. It's the fact that he decides to fill an order for an entire country before your set of bars that you are told to expect in a week and doesn't tell you that is getting him into trouble. It's the fact that everyone with a problem with him and seems to have the same problem that is getting him into trouble.
Look at the bigger picture: There are companies out there with a crappy product that are flourishing just fine because their CS is top notch, but there are more companies with a great product who are backing into their own graves because they're damn idiots! Which is worse? Christ, how fcking simple can it be?
Don't promise what you can't deliver!!!!! If you can't deliver it after claiming you can/will.... don't ever blame the CUSTOMER! WTF?

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
he needs to take only the orders he can actually go through with.

There you go. And I bet you're not even a scientist! Ever built a rocket? No? Made rocket fuel in chem lab, maybe? No? Crazy...:clapping:

Maybe this will also end his use of Ridemonkey as his spam-worthy advertising for Nemesis Project? That or we need to rename the BMX & Dirt Jumping Forum....

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
my my.

so, it has come this far.

brad seems to be a decent guy at the core, but i think he is in over his head. he has cool and innovative product ideas. right now brad and nempro are at critical point in their careers / life cycles. nempro is becoming successful enough that the volume of orders is becoming large. i suspect the logistics of this are too much for brad. another strike against brad is the way in which he handles his logistical problems: passing the buck.

if brad and nempro survive these times and overcomes his obviously serious customer service, customer relations and logistics problems, then he will be around for a while providing all of us with excellent product. if he and nempro dont 'survive', well, that is the law of the jungle.

brad, as one small business man to another, i wish you all the luck in world, bro, but things have gotta change. the only way you're gonna survive is by admitting your mistakes and learning from them.

Patan-DH

Monkey
Jun 9, 2007
Patagonia
he needs to take only the orders he can actually go through with.
Yo guys need to get yoursef in the other person pants.

Sometimes is hard to know if you are going to be able to go through a certain order with anticipation.
Always you face unspected complications, it may be with material providers, issues o paperwork that worn you more time that you was spected to.......and millons of other things...

And is always hard to tell a customer that you cannot sell him something or that you are not going to be able to get him something.

I always get myself in the oter side person before flaming him

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Then you shouldn't be accepting payment from a buyer...NO? Think any crack dealer on the street is going to get paid in advance for product that should be delivered on Saturday? A theif asking for cash for a flatscreen he hasn't stolen yet? Maybe not quite the same, but most riders are more twitchy than crackheads to begin with! We're known to cut off our own casts and ditch stitches to ride sooner. It takes a lot of faith on our part to pay for stuff in advance. Even more so knowing that a part isn't even completed yet. All you've got is the sellers word. THAT WORD IS BOND.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
And is always hard to tell a customer that you cannot sell him something or that you are not going to be able to get him something.
this is exactly the problem. you may think it is hard to tell a customer that you cant sell him something, but as brad is learning it is even harder to back pedal.

honesty and trust will earn a lot more money in the long run.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
the only problem i see is evil4bc giving a date of completion at the very beginning. i can't think of 1 frame builder that does this. every custom frame i have dealed with (personally, or through the shop) has been late. hell, even non-custom frames (remember when the DOC were first introduced?).

and to not take payment would be stupid (or brave). the builder of my frames wants at least 50% down, which i have no problem doing. he needs the money, i'm a serious buyer...seems like a good match. not taking payment is an easy way for a customer to back out, leaving the builder screwed.

ps - i'd still buy a nemesis if i could afford one.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Maybe he should take a year off, build frames, then put them up for sale.
Hell, look at the "big boys" like Specialized, even. Everone's favorite "Evil Empire" of the bike industry. They make a fixed number of frames each year. They sell out, that's it. No more. Can't buy what's not there, right? Right? So why try to sell it? Yeti only makes like 400 AS-X frames every year. I assume it's becasue they KNOW they can sell that many, it keeps the prices high but reasonable, and it keeps the demand there. Also, should the market tastes shift drastically, they don't have to worry about 300 frames in the back room becoming obsolete. And I'm only using these names as I've dealt with them all personally, and have had to wait. And we've ALL had to wait on something, that's not really the prob. It sucks, but we knew it going in. We can usually find something to bonk around on in the meantime.
This is all a big fat communication issue.
And Patan-DH, are you serious??? You don't think you that your quote "And is always hard to tell a customer that you cannot sell him something or that you are not going to be able to get him something." and still taking his money isn't a problem??? Not sure how you all do biz down there, but remind me to not buy from Argentina or wherever your location used to be!

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
Maybe he should take a year off, build frames, then put them up for sale.
Hell, look at the "big boys" like Specialized, even. Everone's favorite "Evil Empire" of the bike industry. They make a fixed number of frames each year. They sell out, that's it. No more. Can't buy what's not there, right? Right? So why try to sell it? Yeti only makes like 400 AS-X frames every year. I assume it's becasue they KNOW they can sell that many, it keeps the prices high but reasonable, and it keeps the demand there. Also, should the market tastes shift drastically, they don't have to worry about 300 frames in the back room becoming obsolete. And I'm only using these names as I've dealt with them all personally, and have had to wait. And we've ALL had to wait on something, that's not really the prob. It sucks, but we knew it going in. We can usually find something to bonk around on in the meantime.
This is all a big fat communication issue.
And Patan-DH, are you serious??? You don't think you that your quote "And is always hard to tell a customer that you cannot sell him something or that you are not going to be able to get him something." and still taking his money isn't a problem??? Not sure how you all do biz down there, but remind me to not buy from Argentina or wherever your location used to be!
it's pretty funny, i'm loving this thread because of your contributions.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I always get myself in the oter side person before flaming him
Okay, here I am, putting myself in his shoes.

Yep, I want the money. And I want the business. So I take the order, even though I'm riding the edge of my capacity. We're good so far.

Now, our paths diverge. I figure out that I'm in over my head. I tell the customer, right up front, that I've got too many orders for my capacity. I don't tell stories about parts I don't have, I don't have one guy drive 4 hours each way to be met with a box of parts instead of a bike. I don't ignore the buyers who have long since been promised product. I don't keep silent when my powdercoating guy is over capacity and won't take my order for another 2 months.

I say, "Look, I'm way over capacity. I am really sorry about this, but it's going to be a while longer before I get you the items. Would you like to wait, or would you like a refund?"

The reality of a small business is that delays and problems happen. Everyone understands that. It's how they were handled that is the real problem.

the only problem i see is evil4bc giving a date of completion at the very beginning.
Yeah? That was the problem, then, huh? Not lying to the customer, or not communicating, or then getting angry at them when they express frustration?

Patan-DH

Monkey
Jun 9, 2007
Patagonia
Not sure how you all do biz down there, but remind me to not buy from Argentina or wherever your location used to be!
2006 I lived in US and worked in the industry......

All that I can say... 95% of Customers are a F#cking pain in the a$$.....period

and thats why i see this from other very diff point of view.

DUKESofTAH0E

Monkey
Mar 27, 2006
northstar
a lil early announcement.

brad and the nemesis team make bomber product. the guy is a kick ass designer and builder as well as a good friend. he's trying his hardest to please everyone, but lets face it with the success comes the growing pains. brad is supper stressed out over all this and has agreed he may not be the best person at handling the business end of things. inlue of these situations from the past month brad and i are finalizing a deal where i will take over customer service and the sales end of nempro. that way he can focus on getn work done and i will solely be responsible for giving out the correct information in a timely, honest, and professional manor. we at nemesis project regret the errors that have happened so far and hope this solution will solve the problems. so keep your eyes out for the new website and contact info in the next week or so.

P.S. get out from infront of your computers and go ride. nothing solves a problem like a good sesh

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
a lil early announcement.

brad and the nemesis team make bomber product. the guy is a kick ass designer and builder as well as a good friend. he's trying his hardest to please everyone, but lets face it with the success comes the growing pains. brad is supper stressed out over all this and has agreed he may not be the best person at handling the business end of things. inlue of these situations from the past month brad and i are finalizing a deal where i will take over customer service and the sales end of nempro. that way he can focus on getn work done and i will solely be responsible for giving out the correct information in a timely, honest, and professional manor. we at nemesis project regret the errors that have happened so far and hope this solution will solve the problems. so keep your eyes out for the new website and contact info in the next week or so.

P.S. get out from infront of your computers and go ride. nothing solves a problem like a good sesh
:clapping: nice...

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet

Yup... which is also why people waiting on a product just keep getting more and more irrate!

That's good to hear I guess. It takes a bit to admit(to yourself, mostly) that you might not be cut out for something. I, personally, find it impossible to price my own products. I lack the self respect to stick with a price if people question it. So my lil bro had to handle the "marketing" aspect of it for a bit until it just became standard list pricing. It was a little embarrassing at first, but like 2-3 days later I couldn't believe how less stressful it was!
Can I make one last little suggestion? I'm gonna anyway, sorry...:) You'll get along much better with the rest of the industry and gain MUCH more respect from customers and the riding public if you(Nem-Pro) don't post your own stupid **** like "Nemesis Project-Or Parts that don't Suck" threads on various other forums. It's a little swollen cranial sounding...

DUKESofTAH0E

Monkey
Mar 27, 2006
northstar
Yup... which is also why people waiting on a product just keep getting more and more irrate!

Can I make one last little suggestion? I'm gonna anyway, sorry...:) You'll get along much better with the rest of the industry and gain MUCH more respect from customers and the riding public if you(Nem-Pro) don't post your own stupid **** like "Nemesis Project-Or Parts that don't Suck" threads on various other forums. It's a little swollen cranial sounding...
thanks for the suggestion, i allways like to hear what the public perceptions and reactions are. as a rider who is waiting for product to build my own new frame up. i understand the frustrations and impatient feelings you have. i also know the frustrations of being on the business side of things and hope to make it a much less stressfull situation for both sides in the future with our products.

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
i like brad, dont get me wronfg he just gets overloaded and then frustrated. he wants you to have the best, but hes so busy he cant give you the dates or whatever he wants to give you. the guy needs to make a living this is his career, but needs to make sure he doesnt take the orders he cant meet when he wants to/says he can

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
------------- Solution to recent problems , please read below --------

We are currently making major changes here at Nemesis Project to rectify these recent problems , in short I will be stepping down from all sales and marketing duties as of 7-07-07 and will be handling only production and design duties here at Nemesis Project .

I have brought Kris Morehead ( Dukes of Tahoe ) on as our full time sales rep and customer service agent :clapping: , so all PM's and emails regarding sales of product will now be taken care of and answered by Kris .

We have also hired Jeff Holt and DLX marketing :shocked: to handle company public relations , team management , OEM and distributer sales as well as advertising and marketing .

We are very proud to bringing both Kris and Jeff onboard here at Nem-Pro ! I am excited about what have have in store for the future of Nemesis Project!

Please let me also take a second to publicly apologies to the RM community for our recent logistical problems , as it has been pointed out recently I have been extremely busy and this has since effected both our service and our company image for this I aploigise.
I hope that the recent changes made here at Nemesis Project prove my commitment to bringing you my customer base the best products possible and I will continue to do so !

Thanks for all the support everyone has shown me and Nemesis Project on these boards !

Brad Hodges

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Thank you
Brad Hodges
This is pathetic. Do yourself a favor, Brad, and stop talking.

You did yourself good by hiring someone to take care of your P.R. Now let them do it. In your very own posts we see contradiction and unacceptable problems. I see literally nothing in your posts to show that WCH got anything but a raw deal. Even if there were something to demonstrate that WCH did something shady, airing your dirty laundry in public is the wrong way to handle it. He wouldn't be responding if you weren't out here yelling about it - and HE has every right to be out here giving his side.

You know, when a handful of people all complain about the same business owner, claim very similar things happened to all of them, and said business owner responds with nasty comments and with no evidence to the contrary... Well, it's pretty clear where the fault lies, and it's not with the customers.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
What it sounds like happened(and i don't know because it's not my headache), is that Brad quoted WCH a price and a date. The date prob got moved a dozen times and on top of that Brad realized he was going to lose his ass on the deal, so slowly the price kept creeping up? Pretty soon, WCH started screaming for a bike to ride(doesn't ever matter what kind of "deal" you're ever getting on something...if you can't get the thing to use anyway), Brad got annoyed and started caring less and less and now we are all here to watch this molestation. How close am I without actually going back and reading the script for the soap opera?
Keep it out of small claims... it's only going to cost more money and those things NEVER end... And apparently there's no stipulation on WHEN the guilty party has to pay up, only that he does have to... atleast that was my issue.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
This is pathetic. Do yourself a favor, Brad, and stop talking.

You did yourself good by hiring someone to take care of your P.R. Now let them do it.

As harsh as that may sound, he's right. You need to stay off the forums, at the very least when it comes to business. You may just be mad or confused, but ever other sentence contradicts the previous. Seems familiar...

And I'm allowed to say that because Serve Em told me "I'm emotional!"
I say I speak with feelings...:)

sokoloka

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego / London
Wow. Go to Europe for awhile and all hell breaks loose.

From my experience, Brad's a great guy - and if he ever needs pro bono help in the business department, he knows where he'll always have a friend :)

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Oooohhhh.... so YOU'RE apparently the "RM authority figure" who has a bandwagon... Good to know. I was a little lost for a moment.
But I AM done here. I think enough has been said...

BJ-

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Australia
Bickering deleted. Let's not do that, okay?
Of all the posts in this thread...you moderate me for telling THRILLSEEKA "to can it" for jumping on the bandwagon and having a go at people because his immaturity and arrogance allows him to believe that its warranted and/or justified. When it clearly isnt...

Lock or delete the thread if your unable to not take sides BV.

THRILLSEEKA said:
Oooohhhh.... so YOU'RE apparently the "RM authority figure" who has a bandwagon... Good to know. I was a little lost for a moment.
But I AM done here. I think enough has been said...
Grow up. That isnt even a comeback...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Of all the posts in this thread...you moderate me for telling THRILLSEEKA "to can it" for jumping on the bandwagon and having a go at people because his immaturity and arrogance allows him to believe that its warranted and/or justified. When it clearly isnt...

Lock or delete the thread if your unable to not take sides BV.
:rolleyes:

I deleted three posts, and yours got tossed along with the others because it started the response. Don't be a crybaby, sometimes stuff gets deleted because it starts problems, even if it was okay by itself.

yesimaddicted

Monkey
Apr 28, 2007
centeral Euroland via CA
i didnt want to do this:
yesterday:an question filled 15 yearold(me) comes up to the nem pro both at CMC. asking questions and just trying to hang out there. brad takes me in. answers all and every question and friend. he then gives me free food and drink. all this and i have NEVER bought anything from him. and i have no current orders with him. he also knows that i am unable to purchase one of his bikes because of money issues.

i just wanted to put my feelins out there

DUKESofTAH0E

Monkey
Mar 27, 2006
northstar
yesimaddicted .. you came back to the booth after the DH just filthy dirty. hope you got all the dirt out of your equipment and make sure to stop by and hang out at any time. when you get your shots edited let us know and we'l try and get a couple up on the website.