Quantcast

nerd out: 2010 44 vs fox 32 150

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
My 32 150 has been in for warranty twice, and I think I'm ready to move on. I don't want to send it in anymore for creaking crowns (even though fox has had great CS). Also, it would only get about 130mm of travel since I had to run the pressure high enough to keep the ride height up due to no external compression damping adjustments.

Ok, so my fork options are:

32 float RLC- probably a viable option, but I want something different, and hopfully a chassis that will hold up to me.

RS revelation- might be cool. I like the idea of having travel adjust and being able to upgrade to a 20mm axle.

Marz. 44 rc3 ti- I love the idea of plush, nice travel up front on my AM bike. Here is my dilemma: I am looking at a 2010 with only 140mm of travel. I figure that I will have more useable travel than my previous fork, so no big deal there. The issue arises with the 7mm lower A-C height...
I don't desire to steepen my ride, in fact that's part of why I like this bike is because it's slack and low.

Ok, so my questions are:

1. Is there a lower headset option that will a.) reduce from 1-1/2 to 1-1/8 and b.) give me 7-10 mm extra stack height with an integrated 1.5 lower headtube??
2. Do you have any opinions/reccomendations on these three forks from your own experience?

Thanks for reading and any input!

Last edited:

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Oh yeah, upgrading to a reduced travel 36 sounded great, until I realized that I would have to reduce travel to 135 in order to keep the same A-C height between forks... :(