Quantcast

Nerds

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
So what do you nerds do?

Are some of you just "Computer Enthusiast" or do you work in the IT field, or are just plain 'ole nerds?

Right now I'm running on a custom built PC here are the specs:

EVGA 680I mother board
Intel Quad Core Processor Q6600 (@ 2.5) soon to be Over cloacked @ 3.5 GH, as soon as i get my water cooling system.
ThermalTake case (LED lighting etc)
4gig RAM
Dual 500gig HD's running RAID 0
Windows Vista 64
22 Inch LCD Screen
Cheap-o video card, soon to be a EVGA e-GeForce 8800GTS

I'm a Technical Lead for an Online media company.

Cheers!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Have worked in a couple IT jobs, did some freelance for a while, now working my way through a degree in networking.

At home I switch from an IT professional to just a computer enthusiast/plain ol' nerd. :D

My computer is starting to show its age a bit. Currently a 2.2ghz AMD 64 x2 w/ 2gb RAM and an NVIDIA 6600GT.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
I work in IT now, have for 11 years. I used to be a serious nerd, now I keep up with the technology more on the server side of things and worry about PC stuff when I can't keep my current hardware chugging merrily along anymore. I'd rather spend my time and money biking.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'm a nerd. CS degree under my belt but then I defected to medicine. Lately I've been doing brain imaging research, putting math, medicine and computer skills to use. Plus I still try to read a page a day from "Proofs from THE BOOK".

:)

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
AMD 3200+
2gb Corsair XMS ram
MSI Nforce 430 mobo w/ integrated Nvidia 6150 chip
Old Antec case

Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon.

Runs like a fvcking champ.

I do all the desktop support and most of the LAN admin here at work, by default.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I fix whatever my wife breaks. I used to be more of a computer/technology geek but I've quit following it so closely now that I've got kids and a house. I have a manufacturing engineering degree, I think by default any engineer no matter what field ends up being a little bit of a geek.