Quantcast

Networking guru's and Audio Video Philes

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I'm going to be hooking up a kids room in the basement with a wall mounted TV.

I installed a double gang box in the wall. On one side of the double gang I would like to run power for the TV and in the other side I would like to run data/cable/HDMI but I can't find a cover plate to do this.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Wow, I really like that last idea.
I love monoprice.com.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Monoprice rules. The modular keystone jacks are cheap and easy to use, I've got a dozen of them in the house, most of them are ethernet keystones but I have some speaker wire keystones as well.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
i would run a Cat5 connection system for your setup. it basically eliminates all the other cables that you would need with just 1 cable.

Audio Authority is the best:
http://www.audioauthority.com/index.php
Wow, that's really interesting. Thanks for the link.

I sheetrocked the wall yesterday. What I did was using some left over 1-1/2" pipe I created a chase way from the TV location to the Computer or DVD player location so I can snake what-ever cables are needed at a later date.

HOLY FAWK, I just looked at the price, WTF @ $200?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Wow, that's really interesting. Thanks for the link.

I sheetrocked the wall yesterday. What I did was using some left over 1-1/2" pipe I created a chase way from the TV location to the Computer or DVD player location so I can snake what-ever cables are needed at a later date.

HOLY FAWK, I just looked at the price, WTF @ $200?
yeah audio authority is a lot of money...its like Bose products. there are other systems out there for cheaper that do the same thing.
a chase can be very helpfull, just make sure you secure the wires while pulling em