Quantcast

Networking monkeys (for the home)

fuzzynutz

Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
Chicagoland
I've been trying to network my mac (os x 10.4.11) to my laptop (vista home premium) and I'm having no luck.

I've tried all the various, although almost identical, walkthroughs from a google search with no success. The mac doesn't see the vista laptop, and the laptop doesn't see the mac.

What am I doing wrong? Has anyone done this recently? What are the settings I should have on the vista machine? I'm pretty confident I have the settings on the mac set up properly.

What type of info. do you need to know to properly help me out?
:huh:

fuzzynutz

Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
Chicagoland
I just want to be able to share files between the two computers right now. Specifically, I'm trying to bring some files from the mac to the pc so I can use the pc's DVD burner and put them on a DVD.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I just want to be able to share files between the two computers right now. Specifically, I'm trying to bring some files from the mac to the pc so I can use the pc's DVD burner and put them on a DVD.
First off, do you have file sharing enabled on both machines?

Make sure file and printer sharing are enabled on the Vista machine, and enable file sharing on the Mac. At the very least you should be able to see the Drop Box folder on the Mac from the Vista machine and the Shared folder on the Vista machine from the Mac.

fuzzynutz

Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
Chicagoland
First off, do you have file sharing enabled on both machines?

Make sure file and printer sharing are enabled on the Vista machine, and enable file sharing on the Mac. At the very least you should be able to see the Drop Box folder on the Mac from the Vista machine and the Shared folder on the Vista machine from the Mac.
File sharing is enabled on both machines, and neither one shows the shared folder.