Quantcast

never say never (toshi will appreciate this)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Last night i took the plunge into iMadness and got an iPod for the wife (combined b-day/anniversary present).

despite the plug-n-play promise, it took about 90 min for my PC to recognize the player in iTunes (formatted, updated, loaded latest version of iTunes, etc...for whatever reason, i had to connect it to my laptop, where it found it, and then disconnect and try the desktop; voila).

the color screen is cool, so you can see the album cover when the song's playing. it was really between this and the creative (either Nomad zen xtra (40GB), an older model about $80 less than the 20GB iPod or the newer Creative Zen Touch, which was the same price (300) but had twice the storage). in the end, i figured that my wife would never need 40GB of storage for music in the car. i've been a fairly staunch anti-iPod person (Rio all the way), but i will approach the player w/ an open mind and see how it goes.

iTunes question for you iHeads:

when i drag and drop folders from my hard drive into iTunes to populate the library, sometimes the song title appears like "band name - song title" rather than just song title. for instance, it would look like "My Bloody Valentine - You Made Me Realise" rather than "You Made Me Realise". when i doubleclick and listen to the song, it does revert back to just the song title. all my mp3 ID3 tags are up to date (i'm very anal about this), so i am not sure what is going on. any ideas?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
which one did you get? and when did Apple turn all the larger HDD iPods into photo iPods? i was surprised to see the 20GB model also supporting this function. i thought it was just the 60GB models.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
Senôr Lopez said:
I kept it simple and picked up the shuffle a while back. No screen = No problems.
Just drag, drop and play.
and it doesnt feel like you have a brick in your pocket when your riding

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
i m with you narlus... rio all the way... i just picked up a rio forge 512... put a 2g SD card in it... now i m sorted with 2.5 g... gives me about 500 tracks recorded at 192 rate... sweet... the thing weighs nothing...

oh, the AC course rocked btw... an awesome road gap at the top got the heart pumping... pretty tech, but fun... fark, i m gonna miss les gets / morzine...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hey straps - nice job w/ the road gap :thumb:

i'm too old and unskilled for those sorts of shenanigans. i saw some pics of Morzine/Les Gets which looked like they built a bunch of new stuff. you have any pics from yr trip?

btw, i didn't realize you could put a 2GB card in a Forge; that's great. i've got a Forge 128MB w/ a 512MB card; yr machine pummels mine!

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
narlus said:
hey straps - nice job w/ the road gap :thumb:

i'm too old and unskilled for those sorts of shenanigans. i saw some pics of Morzine/Les Gets which looked like they built a bunch of new stuff. you have any pics from yr trip?

btw, i didn't realize you could put a 2GB card in a Forge; that's great. i've got a Forge 128MB w/ a 512MB card; yr machine pummels mine!
thanks... yeah the forge with 2.5 rules... i m very happy with it...

funny thing is that i wasn t gonna hit the road gap till my mate did... after he hit it i had to... it wasn t that big and i knew i d kick myself if i left and didn t nail it...

i have only one LAME photo of riding from the trip... a little chute on the avoriaz dh course... like all photos its way gnarlier than it looks... infact more people rode around this line (chicken line) than rode it... still sad...

http://www.b40huckers.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=4

the missus snapped it at the right moment... she s good like that...

i miss that place already... now i just need my broken wrist to heal from fridays dj session :(

parts