Quantcast

Never throw away an old used bike because

Biohazard

Chimp
Aug 13, 2009
even if its all beat up there is always potential

I was given this bike because it couldnt handle more of the elements. I was after my buddy for this bike for 2 years that i saw it sitting in the rain for all that time. Finally he told me to go get it because if not it was going in the garbage. I think i spent 80 bucks on it so far and maybe need to spend 40 more but its been well worth it. Its not quite done yet but it will be in a week. Never enough bikes around for when someone wants to tag along on the trails. Let me know what you guys think so far.

before

after

Oct 23, 2009
Hillsboro
Haha, looks good man. Old roomate just built himself a kmart special with left overs and rails the thing with us all over Oregon...Rrrrhhhhhiiiinnnnnooooooo!

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
is that ur primary bike or spare? i know what you mean about not having enough bikes i end up pedaling my dh rig while a bikeless bud rides my xc and then laughs cause he beats me on all the climbs

Djmp3

Chimp
Nov 22, 2009
Vermont
Good work, i have a bike kind of like this that is in pretty good shape but i would like to do the same thing with it.

Build it up for an xc rig so i don't have to ride my DJ in the woods!

JasonJ

Chimp
Apr 10, 2010
a truly inspiring save we've got here indeed especially with the new wickedly done paint job.... two thumbs up for you bud!

Bail_Monkey

Chimp
Jul 7, 2007
Bay Area
Nice bike and purchase... Did you paint the seatpost white? If so, how is it going to stay on if you lower and raise the seat?

I sold an old Diamondback hardtail and I'm regretting it now. Could have used it on a few trails here and there instead of the FS.