Quantcast

new 04 IRON HORSE sgs DH

G30RG3ryan

Monkey
Feb 24, 2002
Sparta, NJ
Here's my new 04 Iron Horse DH bike. So far the thing rips, the Manitou suspension front and rear kicks arse.

Manitou Dorado X-Works w/ SPV

The stealthier looking decals

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Holy injured prostate gland, Batman!

You might wanna be careful with your seat angled like that. Could be painful.

Sweet bike, too. :thumb:

JAB

Chimp
Feb 18, 2004
Almost there...
What about rear end stiffness (just ordered the e13 upgrade kit so Im a bit curious)? What kind of head set is that?

PS. Judging from the last pic Id say your seat post hits the seat stay. My SGS has a mark just like that;)

G30RG3ryan

Monkey
Feb 24, 2002
Sparta, NJ
Originally posted by JAB
What about rear end stiffness (just ordered the e13 upgrade kit so Im a bit curious)? What kind of head set is that?

PS. Judging from the last pic Id say your seat post hits the seat stay. My SGS has a mark just like that;)
I never rode the SGS without the beefed up e13 linkage stuff, so I can't compare, but so far this one feels alot stiffer than I expected it to. The headset is the E13 1.5 reducer cups (top and bottom) with FSA bearings pressed inside them, with the ultra trick carbon fiber top cap and spacers.

The seat is the perfect angle for me and the post does not hit the seat stay, it still has about 10mm of space.

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
frame kits alone are sold and im pretty sure in the option of black or yellow, not sure of the price off the top of my head. Those are the 'world cup' frames even though all 3 models of the SGS DH are the same frame. The frames come with a 5th normally but muffs is riding for manitou