Quantcast

new 20" steed

max123

Monkey
Oct 18, 2006
So right now I have a MOB with 24's(being sold check the classifieds) and im going to switch to a bmx. IM goin to sell my mob around 900 so Ill have around that much to spend. I don't know much about bmx so I need help deciding what frame/parts(mainly frame). I'm gonna mainly be riding street/park but will do the occasional trails. I am 5'7 and like to ride 20.5" frames(my friend has one I like). I dont weigh that much and wont ride that hard so it doesn't need to be the strongest ever, however I don't want to have to be super delicate with my parts or have to replace them. 25 lbs and under is my target weight. So far I have looked at(with no previous knowledge) FBM stairmaster, fly bikes 3 amigos, fit S3 series aitken model...

max123

Monkey
Oct 18, 2006
what is good geo to looke for, what is the difference between some of those frames, what are some company's backrounds? etc.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I like my Fly 3amigos a lot. Super solid geo and great feel, plus it's fairly burly for the weight. You could put together a really nice build for 900.

You might want to consider a complete though to save yourself a headache. There's a lot to learn as far as parts compatibility, etc. The new Fit completes are ridiculously nice.

max123

Monkey
Oct 18, 2006
I know ppl that have the fit completes and they weigh like 28+ lbs and feel not so good.