Quantcast

New 2006 Versus BLitz

liquidsystm

Chimp
May 25, 2005
Hey guys, just got some photos sent to our shop of the new Versus Blitz that I'd thought I'd share. Looks pretty sick!

Some features:

- features full needle bearings at all pivots (with external grease ports)
- extremely stiff rear triangle via CNC’d stiffeners at high flex points
- 1 piece bottom bracket/main pivot/bottom shock mount interface for increased strength and stiffness
- optimized suspension ramping rate at 170mm (6.7 inches) of travel

gonzostrike

Monkey
May 21, 2002
Montana
nice stout rear linkage bits. should provide a good steady vert path for the wheel.

needle bearings at the pivots in the rear assembly?

who did the CNC work, who did the welding? all in-house? whose tubing are you using? just curious.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Looks like a fun park/slope bike. Super stout but a little less travel, easier to launch and throw around. Needle bearings are promising and external grease ports are great if you get at your rig with a hose often. Not a revolutionary suspension design but probably works fine. That white one all built up is pimp.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Wow. I thought the old Versus bikes looked bad. I mean REALLY BAD. The DH bike (Weapon X ???) of theres had some of the craziest geometry I've seen.

This on the other hand is actually pretty nice. Nothing complicated but it looks straight out of the Banshee pages and looks like a stout fun bike.

Anyone else notice that along with the light 6" trailbikes there seems to be an increase in beefy 6-7" freeride/slopstyle bikes around. It's almost as if the long travel bikes are becoming more race oriented and the "freeride" bikes are loosing travel and getting away from the Monster T hucker gnar category to become more manuverable and flickable.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Inclag said:
Anyone else notice that along with the light 6" trailbikes there seems to be an increase in beefy 6-7" freeride/slopstyle bikes around. It's almost as if the long travel bikes are becoming more race oriented and the "freeride" bikes are loosing travel and getting away from the Monster T hucker gnar category to become more manuverable and flickable.
Definitely. And it makes sense: Race bikes should help you stick to the ground and get to the bottom as quickly as possible, and bigger travel and lots of sag help get that done. On the other hand I want to get off the ground as much as possible on a freeride bike and the shorter travel but still burly newer bikes are perfect for that.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
Inclag said:
Wow. I thought the old Versus bikes looked bad. I mean REALLY BAD. The DH bike (Weapon X ???) of theres had some of the craziest geometry I've seen.

This on the other hand is actually pretty nice. Nothing complicated but it looks straight out of the Banshee pages and looks like a stout fun bike.

great i feel like you logged into my head and came up with the conclusion i hadnt been able to reach until now, thanks!

SOil

Chimp
Jun 24, 2005
looks nice.

Is the weapon X going to be updated for 2006? Bloody hope so...

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
Inclag said:
My beefy 6-7" bike will be in its 6th season next year! Guess I'm ahead of the times. :D

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
Well this isn't a 2006, But here is my 2005!
Versus are very nice bikes, and customer service is unbelievable!
My build is like 40lbs with a psuedo DH / FR build...
I love it and it pedals awesome.

I just got the DHX 5.0 in today from Versus and got it installed.
I can't wait to hit mad drops with it and see the difference between the Manipoo 4-Way and the DHX 5.0!
Night and day I hear. Next is the Ti Spring. :thumb:

SOil

Chimp
Jun 24, 2005
Very interested on the 7.5-8.5" travel version of the new blitz
If they keep the burly looks, it should look great.

Anyone knows if they are upgrading their hardtail frame as well?

A burly HT with the Blitz's tubing would be dead cool :drool: