Quantcast

New 2008 Rote RL9

Sep 10, 2001
Seattle,WA
Hey Monkeys,

Sully here, Its been a busy few months with some production setbacks but the light at the end of the tunnel has finially broke through.

For all of you that have been patiently waiting (we know who you are), their here, Yeah baby!!

Here's some teasers of the first 2008 RL9 Medium frameset, assembled.

http://www.sicklines.com/2008/02/14/revised-rotec-rl9/

Its a pound lighter (11 pounds) and personally alot cleaner overall in the looks dept.

To those waiting for theirs......thanks for hangin in there.
Cheers!
John Sullivan
Rotecycles USA

its just the RL9 frame with a link that bolts on to the lower shock mount on the frame so that it gives the bike a 13"BB(i think) and a much slacker HA with an 8" fork...
sorry i dont know many numbers there, but thats really what Sully told me about in a nutshell... idk anything about cost, only thing we talked about there was price of the shock....

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
Great job Sully, so is this years PA going to be another Rotec convention? It was pretty sweet seeing all of the locals on your frame last year.

BRIANBUELL

Monkey
Nov 17, 2005
Boulder, Colorado
Yes! Michael and I are extremely pleased and excited to be representing Rotec once again this year. The frame has always been awesome, now a pound lighter, but still rock solid! I'm personally looking forward to rallying the WC scene on the new steed!!!

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
lookin' good sully! talked to Simon a lot last year about the changes and redesigns you're planning....I know both Si's have beat the piss out of their frames and they're still rockin', I still can't forget the day I rode that green one at crankworx with Kevin either, such a great ride!

-todd

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
You'd still have to run a tensioner, the bike has a little bit of chain growth and a rearward wheel path since the rear chain stay pivot is not concentric with the axle.
ah okay... didn't notice it being a lawill design at first.
Oh well, it's not something that I would do anyways.