Quantcast

New 4X ride

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Just finished building it up and got a little riding in last night.
I used all of the parts off of my daughter's Stumpjumper to build it.
The fork is a little flexy but Peter's going to have to live with it until we shorten the travel on his DJ1. Eventually there will be a Minute1 on the front.
This is his first time on full suspension so basically any movement in the rear is too soft for him. He loves the feel of it anyway and we're still playing with the shock tuning.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Mr Tiles said:
That's a sweet ride!
Thanks, unfortunately for me, my son will be the primary driver.

The wife told me if I podium at SS I can get a new frame. With what I don't know. I'm leaning towards a new Tazer.

BTW, I've got a line on a medium Uzzi SLX, Marz 888 Works and an '04 SuperT.
I have pics and the prices at home. PM me if anyone is interested and I'll get you in touch with the seller.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Peete said:
Eventually there will be a Minute1 on the front.
I just got the Supergo catalog and they have Minute 1's on sale for $329.

Wait, I shouldnt be trying to help you and your wonder-kid, your both just gonna stomp me at Hobby

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
manimal said:
so......you gonna race sport again to assure your podium finish? :D :eviltongu :evil: ;)

...and i might be interested in that superT
No way there black and blue. If you had shown up at Fontucky you would see that I got my butt handed to me in expert. DFL, but that's ok. The course was gay. I've done less pedalling in XC races. That was probably my last DH race anyway. Mtnx is more fun to race. But I still love to ride DH.

The SuperT is $400 and the 888works is $550. Brand new Uzzi slx is $750.

I'd jump all over the Uzzi but I want a new 4X frame asap and then replace my Uzzi at the end of the year.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
escapeartist said:
I just got the Supergo catalog and they have Minute 1's on sale for $329.

Wait, I shouldnt be trying to help you and your wonder-kid, your both just gonna stomp me at Hobby
Thanks for the heads up. We'll just go through our shop. They will hook Peter up ;)

Stomp? Naaah. We're all in it for fun. The daughter will be racing too. You need to watch out for her. She's going to race sport men(are you reading this Tubby?)
Besides, I got some payback for Joe G., that is, if he didn't spend the winter hulking out in the gym.

Are you going to show us those secret handshake trails this time?