Quantcast

New 4X Track for Maxxis Series

CharlieM

Monkey
Aug 7, 2004
Lindsey Wilson College is looking to find out more information about adding our mountain cross course to the Maxxis Southeast Super Series. The course is laid out with high speed berms and 20 to 30ft doubles and tripples. Yet not very many people know about the course because it has only been raced collegiately. That is why we want to offer our course to the series. We also have a cross country course that we can add to the races. A downhill course is in the plans to be something similar to ETSU's style. The course will include similar jumps with rock gardens and berms. We believe that are Mountain Cross course will be an added bonus to the Maxxis Series and would love to get more people to come and ride it. We also have a good set of Dirt Jump trails that we can offer for riding. It would be awesome to have XC and dirt Jump session on Saturday and a Mountain Cross and Downhill Session on Sunday.
We need to get in contact with the right people such as Juan or Terry. Contact myself or Gregg Dunn dunng@lindsey.edu

CharlieM

Monkey
Aug 7, 2004
I believe that the closest airport to Columbia, Kentucky is Lexington, Kentucky.....

back to racing...

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
That would be very sweet to have a Maxxis race so close to home! Do you guys have any existing DH trails? I'm always down to dig if you guys ever need help.

Thacker

Chimp
Nov 27, 2004
Charlie....it would awesome to have a race at LWC....if you guys need help with the course or just want to ride pm me or e-mail me....later

CharlieM

Monkey
Aug 7, 2004
Thacker said:
Charlie....it would awesome to have a race at LWC....if you guys need help with the course or just want to ride pm me or e-mail me....later
Sure thing! We need to hook up on a weekend and ride when it gets cooler. Today was not to bad. Andrew and I started digging on a pump course. We have half of the course done already. Its going to be nice.

How far away are you from Columbia. What do you ride there. Isn't there a local bmx track your way?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
The Maxxis series is idle until someone other than Juan takes it over, or until Juan picks it back up. If anyone is interested in taking it over call Maxxis.

nuttypoolog

Monkey
Apr 3, 2004
Atlanta
I'd be interested in helping... not running.... helping. but I plan on having to miss some events due to going to Nationals and staying in B.C. for some time. anyone want to go in with me? I"m only going to do 4X (unless I get another DH bike) this season so I'll have some extra time.

CharlieM

Monkey
Aug 7, 2004
I think the system might work out well if everybody picked up their own track and worked in groups. The workload is to much for one person to organize all of the Maxxis races. What I'm saying is that each track/course should hold their own race. Would it be possible to work something out like such?

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
I e-mail them to see what's up. Regardless I'll probably talk to Wyatt this weekend.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
profro said:
The Maxxis series is idle until someone other than Juan takes it over, or until Juan picks it back up. If anyone is interested in taking it over call Maxxis.
Tell Mudpuppy to fire up the school bus and get to promoting again.
I need some new clay ashetrays and brown socks. :)

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
nuttypoolog said:
I'd be interested in helping... not running.... helping. but I plan on having to miss some events due to going to Nationals and staying in B.C. for some time. anyone want to go in with me? I"m only going to do 4X (unless I get another DH bike) this season so I'll have some extra time.
Are you going to Sea Otter? I've got 1 or 2 others interested in sharing a room and rental car out there. I'm only doing 4X and DS out there.
PM me if you want to go in on the room/car