Quantcast

New 951 (Large)

dap

Chimp
Jul 25, 2006
Central, NY
Well, I finally got it built up and took a quick photo of it from my phone before it got too dark and I couldn't ride.

Large Intense 951
Fox RC4
Marz 888rc2x (07) - going fox or boxxer
Cane Creek XXc
Holzfeller OCT/Howizter BB
MRP Mini-G
CrankBros XX (mags)
729 front / hadley (823 on way)
823 rear / PG990 / hadley
Sram X9
Codes
SDG Carbon post
SDG Formula FX seat

Big Thanks to Laz@plattekill, Lance@bikeloft, all of Go-Ride staff, and Jeff@Intense for keeping us posted along the way!!

Also, picked up my first new car (2009 WRX Premium!!!) so here is a quick shot of both!

Last edited:

dap

Chimp
Jul 25, 2006
Central, NY
Weird, the photo was uploaded to ridemonkey and some how the link stopped working... should be good to go now!

dap

Chimp
Jul 25, 2006
Central, NY
how tall are you? What do u think about large?
I am 6'1" ~205lb and the bike fits great! I test rode the medium and felt "slightly" cramped and this was coming from a medium demo9. I will be riding this weekend so more feedback to follow!

You gotta be stoked. That bike looks great.:thumb:
Thanks!

looks awesome! lovin' the white holzfellers
Going with the Holz was tough because I wanted a saint crank but couldn't pass up the white cranks to match! (I must say my last pair of Holz never had one problem though!)

dilzy

Monkey
Sep 7, 2008
Are Intense aware that people use chainguides on dh bikes? How bloody thick do they have to be no to elevate the chainstay or offset it to allow for a chainguide.

Either way, it looks bloody nice.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Looks GREAT!
Between the 951 and the new Uzzi, Intense pretty much nailed it this year.
[size=-3]assuming these things don't start cracking or bending after normal use![/size] :D

I approve, with the exception of the fork.
Phfft ... the RC2X was and still is a killer fork. It might not be the latest thing but it works and its hardly a "weak link".

dap

Chimp
Jul 25, 2006
Central, NY
Looks GREAT!
Between the 951 and the new Uzzi, Intense pretty much nailed it this year.
[size=-3]assuming these things don't start cracking or bending after normal use![/size] :D
Phfft ... the RC2X was and still is a killer fork. It might not be the latest thing but it works and its hardly a "weak link".
Yeah, this is the main reason why its still on there. This fork has never given me any problems and never once do i worry about it! I am going to give another vendor a try soon though just to see where other vendors are at... Ride impressions will be posted soon since I just finally took it down a mountain! haha