Quantcast

new All mountain

mtnbiker7

Monkey
May 22, 2007
New Jersey
I wasnt sure what forum to put this in so bare with me.Right now I do alot of all mountain riding and will do some freeriding and jumping.I have a list of companys I want to stick with . What full suspension mountain bike out of these companys do you think is the best for me Norco, Specialized,Trek,Santa cruz and a mongoose black diamond Triple or double.I am 5'5and weigh 115.I want to stay at 2500 dollars or cheaper.(100 to 200 dollars more is o.k)

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
Wow, for $2500, you have bookoo choices. Each of those companies makes the full range of bikes, from ultraNoob :thumb: all the way to full DH. Find yourself a good reputable LBS and test ride a few. As far as which company to go for, it all comes down to brand loyalty. Keep in mind, for every company there will be people praising their products and people bad mouthing. The only opinion that really matters is yours. As far as my $0.02 goes, with your weight and intended riding style, a bike with 5" front and 5" rear should be more than enough. Good luck with your search. Post pics when you get it. We'd love to see it regardless if we say :thumb: :crazy: or :rant:

List of bikes I've tested/ridden and like that have at least 5"x4":

Giant Reign 3
Santa Cruz Bullit
Iron Horse Warrior SE
Haro Werx
Giant Trance 4 (had a 5"x4" setup)
Mongoose Teocali
Intense 5.5evp
Kona Stinky (i think it was a stinky)

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
I wasnt sure what forum to put this in so bare with me.Right now I do alot of all mountain riding and will do some freeriding and jumping.I have a list of companys I want to stick with . What full suspension mountain bike out of these companys do you think is the best for me Norco, Specialized,Trek,Santa cruz and a mongoose black diamond Triple or double.I am 5'5and weigh 115.I want to stay at 2500 dollars or cheaper.(100 to 200 dollars more is o.k)
I'm riding on the mogoose stuff and really like it. Climbs and pedals well, taked the hits really well. it depends on what your looking to do. Teocali might be alittle underspeced if you hitting some big jumps and drops. Black Diamond would be a good choice, it's a far bit heavier, but can take a beating and still rides well. EC has done some pretty huge XC rides on a BD bike. There is also a new bike coming out for 08 called the Khyber. 165mm rear travel and alittle less beef than the BD. EC races it at Downieville and the Mega Avalanche race in france a couple weekends ago. It's going to be a nice all around all mountain bike.