Quantcast

New Alpine Ride Pix!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Is something i wouldn't be able to post on this web site if some groups had their way.

i highly recommend people read 'It's All About Access' in this current months edition of Mountain Bike Action.

If you follow my threads beyond the trail ride pic threads and all the other nonsense i post, i'm all about trail advocacy and access. This article is spot on in my book, and is very informative. Trail access is a topic that effects all of us whether we ride XC, DH, or Freeride.

So when you get some time, buy, steal, or borrow this mag, read the article and give it some thought.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Skookum said:
Is something i wouldn't be able to post on this web site if some groups had their way.

i highly recommend people read 'It's All About Access' in this current months edition of Mountain Bike Action.

If you follow my threads beyond the trail ride pic threads and all the other nonsense i post, i'm all about trail advocacy and access. This article is spot on in my book, and is very informative. Trail access is a topic that effects all of us whether we ride XC, DH, or Freeride.

So when you get some time, buy, steal, or borrow this mag, read the article and give it some thought.
Yeah but it's MBA so I already doubt its accuracy without even looking at it. Having been around and even with RC at events and then seeing what gets published I really do honestly consider that rag a monthly fiction publication. I guess skooks points is good points though?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Please don't think i'm endorsing MBA because i'm not. i could give a rats ass about RC or MBA, i only bought this mag from a suggestion from Oly since we were bantering about the topic at a bar post-ride.

Accurate or not, my basic reasoning is that nothing promotes mt. biking, which we all dig, as much as having somewhere to ride. This website, magazines, videos, pictures, races, and such, may help promote mt. biking. But when it comes down to it what really drives this sport/recreation is having more places to ride.

This article talks about the topic, i'm passing on the suggestion to give it a read.....

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
i think all riders who head out into the woods should have a leave no trace attitude. I mean pack out what you pack in, garbage included. sometimes i'm amazed by what people trash on trails, even if theryre only on a couple hour long trail.

I do suppose that we cant do much about leaving tread trails. But thats not whats important. its the trash and crap like that. Also being courteous of other people who are hiking or riding a horse, not blasting past and scaring them ****less.

btw, no pics skookum? :(

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
boostindoubles said:
i think all riders who head out into the woods should have a leave no trace attitude. I mean pack out what you pack in, garbage included. sometimes i'm amazed by what people trash on trails, even if theryre only on a couple hour long trail.

I do suppose that we cant do much about leaving tread trails. But thats not whats important. its the trash and crap like that. Also being courteous of other people who are hiking or riding a horse, not blasting past and scaring them ****less.
This is a whole different topic, and most of the time i see trash out in the woods it's from people illegally dumping. Most trail users i see out on the trail don't litter, and that balloon i found on the trail floated in from a city somewhere on the coast i'm convinced of that...

No this topic is all about taking land from mt. bikers, how the process works, and what we can do about it.

DRB said:
But not enough mountain bikers take these issues to heart and realize that it wouldn't take much to lose their favorite trails.
Taking land away from not only trails that are already there, but the possibility of future trails being built.

By taking some time to figure out what's really going on, there can only be good from it. Imagine legit downhill and freeride trails and XC built BY mt. bikers FOR mt. bikers. It's not "just" about losing more trails from 'Wilderness', although that would suck too, if many groups like the Sierra Club had their way, they would kick everyone out of Moab, except horses and hikers if they could. Woohoo lets go mule ride Porcupine Rim, whoopee!

Everybody says my pictures are great and let me tell you i've ridden many awesome trails. But i know for a fact, things can be way better if people gave up a handful of hours a year, and a few bucks to a local bike advocacy club. But make up your own mind and just read the article.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
kidwoo said:
I'm sure it is up high but it's been raining solid at lake level for 3 days now.
all sorts of snow above 8000 feet. white out conditions are fun to drive fast in.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
kidwoo said:
How's that motorcycle treatin' ya?
It's rad. I put chains on the back tire and bought a monkey to ride on my shoulders and clear the rain/snow off my face sheild. He likes peanut butter & bannanas almost as much as I do.