Quantcast

New and Improved 29er Photo Gallery Thread

Aug 1, 2006
Newtown, CT
MMcG said:
Welcome to Ridemonkey Mark! Great looking bike!
Thanks. Hey, I got the Bar Ends last night and put them on. They look cool. Of course, without pedals, I am still dead in the water. Think those will be in soon, though.

Thanks for postin' some pics of my bike. I didn't see your post.

tozovr

Monkey
Jan 16, 2006
seabass said:
Thanks. The bars are the original WTB "dirt drops". They are really comfortable, but since you have to ride in the actual drops all the time I have had to raise the stem a good bit. The stem riser is unsightly to say the least.

The levers are Dia-Compe 987 V's. Designed for tandems with disc's or V-brakes, they pull more cable than a conventional road lever.
I have a set of those sitting on my bench...I'm kind of a handlebar geek...

martini

Chimp
Nov 30, 2004
'Sconni
Allrighty then. May as well throw my .03 cents in, as it were. Some of ya have probably seen my rigs, but since I'm new[er] here, some of you have to 'suffer' through them again. :biggrin:

In no particular order:
Rick Hunter(now belongs to Lanpope on MTBR)

Haro MarySS - I love this thing.

Diamondback Overdrive retro 29"

Kona Humuhumu I converted from 26" to 29", and wish I never sold.

martini

Chimp
Nov 30, 2004
'Sconni
If I were gonna spend $2400 on a frame, THIS is where it'd go. The Don. As in McLung. Tasty!

Aherne's are pretty artfully cool. Just like his Portland neighbors Vanilla and Pereria.

Steve Potts. And another choice for my non-existant $2400.

Tom Oswald. The HAND built frame. Just for that fact, its cool.

And on to vapor-ware:
OX brand. Neat looking design. Looks smooth. Anyone seen one in real life?

Trimble. Coulda been. 'Cept for shady investors and a kooky builder. Or are these Trimble available?

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
that Potts bike is awesome. when the time comes for me to get a custom ride, it will look a lot like that.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Gotta thank MMcG for putting me in touch with this frame builder Scott Quiring who is a custom frame and bike builder in Michigan and has this production 29er steel frame and its made in the U.S.A. called the Q Ball.
that really strikes me as being quite similar of the (RIP) Two Circles Cycleops...i wonder if there's any relation between the builders.

martini

Chimp
Nov 30, 2004
'Sconni
yep, I'm a closeted monkey. Mostly a lurker here though. Like Bikemag and Dirtrag. An occasional poster, but not on the scale I do at mtbr. I go to the other places when I'm bored there.

Muuqi

Monkey
Oct 11, 2005
Ashland Oregon
If everyone just saved the money they spent on X-mas presents for other people and just bought themselves new bikes each year we'd all be so much happier!!
Here's my 2007 Fisher Supercailber with a few initial upgrades. Not only is it my first 29er, but also my first ever full susser, so I'm loving it. Fun fun. Check out the waterbottle/shock clearance. Primo.

Sorry for the poor quality images. . .

tozovr

Monkey
Jan 16, 2006

Pretty much stock aside from the Rocket V SLT, FSA Carbon post, STEAL YOUR FACE stem cap and Weirwolf 2.55 LT up front.

RJ