Quantcast

New at mtb, help?

ZanTehMan

Chimp
Aug 25, 2011
Okay, so a few weeks ago there was a bike left in my yard, (probably stolen) it is a Specialized Expedition Sport, so i pumped up the tires, and went to a few hills in the neighborhood, and to my suprise, it is fun as hell! Ive decided that i want this to be my hobby since im out of school and have a lot of time on my hands right now, any advice you can give to a new rider is appreciated, Thanks :thumb:

ZanTehMan

Chimp
Aug 25, 2011
Find the owner of that bike and give it back.
I tried, at first i was just trying to get rid of it, cops told me that they get so many stolen bikes it isnt even funny, they said that if someone calls asking for it i have to give it back :S I even took it to the shop that i came from (had a sticker on it) and they couldnt find who it was.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
don't get too attached to it, and start looking for a new bike in case the owner tries to claim it.

other than that, enjoy the ride!

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
Enjoy it while it lasts. But score one for yourself. There's nothing like riding YOUR OWN bike :thumb:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Are there any brands that are better than others?
for general trail and xc (cross country) riding, not so much. Find a local bike shop, and try a bunch on. Get something that fits you well and is comfortable.

reputable brands are bell, giro, 661, fox. heck, even the helmets that trek and specialized make are really good these days.