Quantcast

New Avalanche product

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
6-800 depending on condition. Take whatever the cost of the repair is out of that figure. So 600-300=300...unless the fork is otherwise perfect (recent complete teardown, etc.)

DH biker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2004
North East
Craig needs to update that site!

I am thinking of buying my buddies DHF8... Has a cracked upper, which Craig said could be fixed for around a few hundred. How much do you think the fork would be worth?
6-800 depending on condition. Take whatever the cost of the repair is out of that figure. So 600-300=300...unless the fork is otherwise perfect (recent complete teardown, etc.)
Cool thanks!

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
BUMP! Anyone actually purchased one of these kits and spent time with it or found out the pricing on it? Considering getting a new shock and have to say that this is certainly a very appealing option...

Last edited:

dsb18292

Chimp
Mar 24, 2009
why does craig work so slow? still no pricing up on the web site. :/
Craig, IME, works fast. The website is another story, that is something to catch up on when he isn't actually working :) We are still in a day in age where some companies still aren't web savvy. Doesn't mean that the primary business isn't good, but that they aren't marketing themselves to the internet savvy customer.

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
i am curious too

even though it's to late now for me bought a BOS fork

it seems impossible for craig to reply to my emails
and that said that i was a loyal customer since 2002...

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
i am curious too

even though it's to late now for me bought a BOS fork

it seems impossible for craig to reply to my emails
and that said that i was a loyal customer since 2002...
Ive never had much luck via emails with him unless it was tech info and things that I was inquiring about and it was a one off type thing. He is always best to call if possible and I understand out of country isnt the most economical choice.
Yes his site lacks but his CS has always been STUPID fast, and turnaround has been great.
Not too mention I have never hurt or blown up an avy, hell I didnt even service it till like 2 years down the road and that was because I needed it resized for another bike. LOL thats what I call reliability.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Ive never had much luck via emails with him unless it was tech info and things that I was inquiring about and it was a one off type thing. He is always best to call if possible and I understand out of country isnt the most economical choice.
Yes his site lacks but his CS has always been STUPID fast, and turnaround has been great.
Not too mention I have never hurt or blown up an avy, hell I didnt even service it till like 2 years down the road and that was because I needed it resized for another bike. LOL thats what I call reliability.
I've had plenty of shocks go 2 years without servicing or any issues whatsoever. Even a Manitou.

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
hey bullcrew
i am well aware of all this (same goes for all my avy products never blown any of my 4 avy shocks, just bent a DHF8 which craig took care of :thumb:)
the sad part is it used to be really easy to deal with craig via email

and yes he always delivered top notch super fast Customer Service.
it was amazing that getting spares for the DHF8 from craig was faster then getting stuff from the local Rockkshox or Marzocchi distributors...

anyway... not anymore it seems

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
A cool add on product would be a modeling application that gave you theoretical dyno outputs for different configurations of the included shims.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
FFS the little guy just can't win.

Now that Craig is getting some success and is busy, and perhaps slower at email cause of volume, everybody is slamming the poor guy. If hes slow on email, call him. Email sucks anyhow.

Craig FTW.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

Now that Craig is getting some success and is busy, and perhaps slower at email cause of volume, everybody is slamming the poor guy. If hes slow on email, call him. Email sucks anyhow.

Craig FTW.
not for somebody overseas. Trying to line up time frames is a bitch. If he's so busy, and so successful, he should hire an office manager to handle emails and ****.

NY_Star

Turbo Monkey
not for somebody overseas. Trying to line up time frames is a bitch. If he's so busy, and so successful, he should hire an office manager to handle emails and ****.
Its really hard to find someone to hire for a affordable price with that kind of knowledge base that you can trust to provide accurate technical info to your customer base.

P.S It is not just a one man show there.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco

Craig FTW.
wUrd. Although he might be slow, and kind of a dick (by kind of I mean a HUGE dick). His products are the best you can buy. Totally worth dealing with him.

DhUrbaner

Chimp
Oct 9, 2006
As he may be slow in e-mails, He will always answer the phone. As much as people think he is raking in the dough, that is not the case. He spends most of his hard earned cash rolling it back into r&d so we all can ride a reliable product that hands down crushes the competition. As most people that call him a "dick", I call it a genius engineer trying to deal with the average Joe. He really should get a PR person

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
As most people that call him a "dick", I call it a genius engineer trying to deal with the average Joe. He really should get a PR person
No, it's called lack of basic manners. He should really learn how the hell to deal with people effectively. Doesn't need a PR person for that. To get anywhere in any real engineering job you need to actually have people skills and not be insulting and self-congratulatory the whole time. In fact you'd find yourself OUT of a real engineering job real fast with the attitude he has - I've seen it happen.

Last I talked to him, he had techs doing almost all the hands-on stuff and he WAS the PR person (by his words). That's the sad part. The fact that his products are the best made things out there still makes it worth the minor nuisance.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i can only say good things about the guy. super friendly and always was able to help me out asap. returned every email and or message. and turn around time for everything is super fast.
howd this turn into bashing him again?

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
i can only say good things about the guy. super friendly and always was able to help me out asap. returned every email and or message. and turn around time for everything is super fast.
howd this turn into bashing him again?
I have to agree. I have never had a problem with Craig. Always friendly and super helpfull.

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
I have to admit that I am surprised to hear this. I have talked to Craig a number of times and he has always been helpful and answered all my questions......even the very basic ones w/out being condescending.

I can't comment on the e-mails, I have never sent him one. I prefer to talk to people when it is possible.

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
it sucks that people started bashing him...
i have no idea what kind of person craig is, never met him...

i just expressed my disappointment in not getting the info i needed to make the decision on buying one of his products again...
after 2 of the original DHF8 forks and about 4 rearshocks for different bikes...
will probably get another avy shock for my next bike...

anyway when he got back to me he usuallly was VERY helpful and friendly.

Last edited:

dsb18292

Chimp
Mar 24, 2009
Uhh, insulting your paying customers over the phone by more or less calling them stupid is being a dick.
As most people that call him a "dick", I call it a genius engineer trying to deal with the average Joe. He really should get a PR person
I think part of the issue lies in the fact that he treats everyone on the other end of the line like average Joe. To people who know a thing or two that comes across quite condescending. Also, he is always right. Period. If you happen to have a different idea or suggestion it will be ignored as he continues to explain it his way. Again, that doesn't come across well.

Personally I take it in stride and pull what information I need from our conversations. The guy knows a lot about how he sets up suspension. If you take his advice it will usually result in an improvement to your setup.