Quantcast

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
The parentals ordered a 2011 F-250 diesel. Should be here second week of October. They are going to buy a Lance camper and plan on it being the weekend traveler for the meantime and retirement rig in a few years. It will make for a nice biking trip vehicle :cool:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
2010 crewmax, am i eligible for anything? I dont notice it, but if toyota is going to fix, ill do it.
a TSB (technical service bulletin) doesnt meant that they must repair it or that it will be free.
toyota likes to do TSB's instead of recalls. they did it with the "sticky" pedals and problematic floor mats. :mad:

call them and ask about your truck. maybe tell them you have a problem ;)

bikeguru

Chimp
Aug 8, 2009
For the record, what length of bed is needed to fit dh bikes with the tailgate up? I had originally wanted one big enough to fit mx bikes also, but think i'll just get a trailer for them so i don't have to worry about lifting the things...

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
You can get mx bikes in a 6ft bed. Ever heard of using a ramp? No reason to lift it unless you really just like back pain.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
We put the bikes in the back, then just pack the gear around them, then put straps/cargo netting over the whole thing. Works for 4 people + bikes and enough camping gear for a week. Its like Tetris, but it works!

Roomy cab is a must for road trips though - cramming into the back of my buddies Tacoma for 8 hours to Moab can get old fast.
I know exactly what you mean...

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I've done the math every which way, and as cool as I think diesel trucks are, you have to drive a TON of miles to justify the added cost of ownership.

I still WANT a diesel, but I don't think its the most economic choice, UNLESS you are towing a ton of weight and driving a ton of miles. They are awesome trucks, and can pull down some good mileage numbers for their size.....

I still want a 7.3 ford.
So, I went and bought one :D

I just like having fuel options. I can go from B99 to dino without a change. I run bio when available and the bio I run is produced locally.
I like fuel options also, I just got my dizzle a few weeks ago, not sure if anyone sells bio around here, not going to go through the trouble of making it myself though, not until I buy a diesel commuter car and the GF's grand cherokee gets a 4bt swap.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I haven't taken any yet.

2000 F350, long bed, Crew Cab, 7.3 p'stroke, 4wd, Dark Green. Tan Leather interior.

I have about 700 miles on it so far, runs great, gets 15-17 mpg on mixed trips. It is comfortable as hell, plenty of room for 2 kids and a dog in the back seat and me and the lady in our comfy captains chairs up front.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
I haven't taken any yet.

2000 F350, long bed, Crew Cab, 7.3 p'stroke, 4wd, Dark Green. Tan Leather interior.

I have about 700 miles on it so far, runs great, gets 15-17 mpg on mixed trips. It is comfortable as hell, plenty of room for 2 kids and a dog in the back seat and me and the lady in our comfy captains chairs up front.
:thumb:
Big truck.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
:thumb:
Big truck.
Yeah, so far I love it, wasn't sure I wanted the long bed at first, but now I am glad I have it, it's come in real handy around the house projects hauling 12' boards and such already. Moved my gf into the house with me and got the remainder of her stuff in one trip, etc. And like I said, the back seat is huge, with my seat in full pimp drive like a retarded hood rat mode the kids can't even kick my seat (they're 5 for reference).

My last truck was the new style 2007+ chevy crew, with the ultra short bed, other than a little nimbleness, I don't miss it. I loved it, but I like this truck just that much more.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Sorry to hijack the thread, but I am looking for my first big truck also, and had been looking at a Ram 1500 Hemi. Sounds a lot like you guys are mainly diesel guys. It there a big reason for this? I don't think I will ever tow anything heavier that a couple of MX bikes or a bed full of DH bikes. I just like the idea of a Hemi because of the muscle car heritage. Never had anything bigger than a 2.3 petrol, so it will be a big jump!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
My last truck was the new style 2007+ chevy crew, with the ultra short bed, other than a little nimbleness, I don't miss it. I loved it, but I like this truck just that much more.
you dont miss the much nicer interior your '07 Chevy has compared to your '00 F350??

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
you dont miss the much nicer interior your '07 Chevy has compared to your '00 F350??
Sure, I'd agree the much nicer interior on my silverado was much nicer than my f350.

Do I miss it? no, my truck has comfortable leather seats, albeit not as nice, it has a bigger center console, it doesnt have independant heating zones, and it doesn't have heated windsheild wiper fluid, and it doesn't have a 6 disc in dash cd player.

But it still has windsheild wipers, power locks, power windows, power seats, etc.

The only thing I care about concerning the interior was to have a comfortable driving position, carpet and leather captain seats, I hate rubber flooring and benches.

It was also SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than my silverado (which I bought new). Which makes the sting of not as nice of an interior easier to swallow.

Then again, this truck is not a daily driver, I have daily driven much worse (78 chevy, 84 chevy, 90 chevy, multipld jeep wranglers (yj and TJ), jeep cherokees, etc.

My commuter car has a "nice interior" for when the 350 is making me feel all not loved and stuff.....