Quantcast

New Bike!!!!!!111!!!eleventyone

Mudpuppy

Monkey
Oct 20, 2001
Port Orchard/Not WSU
This is the new bike I'm building up.

Thanks to Mountain_Dewd for being great to deal with and selling me the frame and wheels.

I'll get more pics when it's completely built up, but I couldn't wait and I need to buy at least one or two parts from the shop to make it work totally.

Attachments

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
ah hell yea man. I wanted to buy that thing pretty bad. Nice to see you stepping up to a mtn bike. bring it out to pullman and lets tear up campus

Mudpuppy

Monkey
Oct 20, 2001
Port Orchard/Not WSU
formermtboarder said:
ive nvr understood the benifits of the endless, looks like a .243 or brooklyn or really any other steel ht to me...
Yep, pretty much...but I'm not quite sure what you're saying here. It's a bike. The real benifit is I have an Endless and I don't have a .243 or a Brooklynn. If you wanted more details I'm sure some people could argue about geometry and weight but really, I don't care too much. I've done the driveway ride on the endless already and it's awesome.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
endless bikes have a feel to them that no other company does. the bikes ride so solid (even w/ a 24) its amazing

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
my point was how rediclously expensive they are, i mean i was just wondering the advantage over any other other steel ht tht would jack up the price so much. Id say the same thing about he ellesworth 1k ht lol....btw i realize the brooklyn is like $650 as well, just trying to think of comprable frames.

edit: i didnt say this, but i should have--looks liek a sweet build, shiver sc is an intresting choice, what u gonna be usin it for?

Mudpuppy

Monkey
Oct 20, 2001
Port Orchard/Not WSU
Well, as far as price goes...I bought it used out of the buy and sell so I got a great deal on it. Someone else paid the high price. :p

As far as choosing the Shiver SC...well that's what was sitting in my closet after I sold my last frame. I really like it, it feels great, it seems stiffer than the Z3 that I had previously (though that was a while ago) and it has gobs of mud clearance which is great in the PacNW. The fork just does it's job without problems, and it looks awesome too!

Mountain_Dewd

Monkey
May 30, 2005
whis
Mudpuppy said:
Well, as far as price goes...I bought it used out of the buy and sell so I got a great deal on it. Someone else paid the high price. :p

and it wasnt me, i got it off this buy sell like 2 years ago, these things are sick, glad you like it dude, build looks fun as hell!!!

Mudpuppy

Monkey
Oct 20, 2001
Port Orchard/Not WSU
The head angle feels pretty good so far. It should have a 70.5*ish head angle (according to the site) with that size of fork. An Evil DOC is designed to have a 68* angle with a 4". Besides if I really wanted a steeper headangle I'd ride my cruiser.

Changleen said:
Nice, but doesn't the Shiver make the the head angle a little slack?

Attachments

Mudpuppy

Monkey
Oct 20, 2001
Port Orchard/Not WSU
Mountain_Dewd said:
and it wasnt me, i got it off this buy sell like 2 years ago, these things are sick, glad you like it dude, build looks fun as hell!!!
Yeah, I'm pretty sure JimmyDean was the original owner. He did the custom powdercoating on it. :D