Quantcast

New bike build thread

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
check out my new Niner MCR. picked it up for 300 off of a friend of mine. has a custom metallic purple powdercoat that looks absolutely amazing. bike has about 10 rides on it. i feel like i got a good deal. here is the build i am planning. i will update this thread regularly as parts come in. im excited! this is my first niner and i havent built a bike in over a year. feels good to have something to look forward to again! ok here is my build
2013 fox float 32 100 with qr15
chris king headset and BB
thomson stem seatpost and bars
stans arch wheels (upgrade to king or hadley hubs at a later date)
Shimano XT 970 1X9 gears
Shimano XT980 brakes.
heres the pics i got of the frame!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Wow that is a really nice price for a Reynolds 853 frame and I think one of the best looking 29 frames out there and cool paint job its begging for a purple handle bar. My best advice is go short stem and wide bars 760mm or bigger you will love it.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
Wow that is a really nice price for a Reynolds 853 frame and I think one of the best looking 29 frames out there and cool paint job its begging for a purple handle bar. My best advice is go short stem and wide bars 760mm or bigger you will love it.
i was thinking of a thomson 90mm stem and a thomson ti handlebar at 730 with a 6* sweep