Quantcast

new bike check time! its so sweet

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
check it

the shock

the clearance (much better than the older frames)

the bike is getting a pike in the near future. i have it setup up as a do it all bike and this thing can pull that off unlike most bikes. it will see the dh/fr park here on the east coast

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
well i must say i hae little to no time on it. its at home i'm at college.

but..............

first impressions is really really good. you can really feel the gate valve in the shock working. also the adj range is insane. also they say its a low pressure system and they are not kidding one little bit. on air system i normally run about 230-270psi but on this little bugger i only have to run about 130psi!!! also the thing is damn light you barely feel thing thing when holding it (its actually under .5lbs!)

the only complaint i have is that the top out is a little harsh but its not really a problem because the shock still feel like its under control. its something that i will get use to qiukly and nothing i'm worried about.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
as for the unbottem outable it certianly feels like that! and its only a 4" travel frame. atleast the way i have it.

also on that note this frame feels good on the "curb" test and eats it right up. this really suprised me

as you can see the o-ring on the shock is about its postision after the "curb" test.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
oh trust me i will yet you know transfer. the thing will get its first real ride at wake-a-tink because i know the trails so well. that ride should happen some time not this weekend but next.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
yeah i always have a newish bike it a bad habit of mine that i hope this bike will end

here another one of my bikes

the bb is 15.5" high and the tt is about 25-26" long nad yes that is a 135mm long stem, the cs are 14.75" long and it has a 5" "seattube"

have fun looking

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Oh yeah, that thing looks pretty sweet. Youll have to let me ride it :D

I am suprised you are riding an air shock for FR Type stuff. I figure you'd stay a coil over guy if not on a HT

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
yeah i got off the hardtail that i was riding for a long time because the beat i was taking to the body. that is the reason i went for a shorter travel fr type frame to retain the pepy feel of the bike. as for the air shock i have never had a problem with one in th past also this shock had ever feature that i wanted and that is had to find. also i personnelly like the feel of an air shock over a coil anyday of the week. on top of all of that it makes the bike much lighter (the shock really is absurdly light) and that makes it a better trail bike.

also i hope to keep this bike for a longer time than many of the other bikes i have had in the past.

as for the trials bike the parts on it are only going to be replaced when they eat it (the cranks are close). the bike feels really good so there is not need to change things.

also the cross bike that i bought over thanksgiving break is completely shock minus the tires which i switched for more road types. also i put a different seat that i already had on it.

in the end i think i have a collection of bike that i can live with for a while with no real reason to change any of the parts or frames t meet my needs. the preston should be perfect i do much more trail riding than fr riding so the bike is still more than strong enough for my ventures in that realm (when i get the pike the bike is done), but will remain very trail worthly and i could go ride wake-i-tink, schaffer and other places like that.