Quantcast

New Bike! Finally!

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
Had to share my stockage... first Brand new frame I purchase and it all came from my pocket which is the best thing. Cel phone pictures for now, def doesnt do it justice. I went for a Large in the end and couldnt have picked better!

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
It looks amazing. Love the new colors. I am also contemplating about ava for my WC. The RC4 on the back is suprisingly good with the frame, though avy probably will be an upgrade.

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
took it out for a ride today, kinda felt at home after having a sunday, except for the slacker head angle, after a couple of runs I felt I was riding even more agressive, def confidence inspiring! Loved it! So stocked! The rc4 worked pretty well, all though I felt one pretty hard bottom out. Gotta show it some real dh use and start setting it up. the 300lbs stock spring works pretty well, and Im running about 35% sag (I think). Gonna give it a bit more air and close up on the high speed compresion.

Norbar, what were your settings for the RC4? As a reference.

Last edited:

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Look into the REVOX also. We are building up a MKII tomorrow I think and it has a revox on it. May compare it to a CCDB sometime soon.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
I know a lot of guys are loving the Revox on those frames.

Start with 150-160 psi, full linear, compression settings and rebound all around 6 out. Adjust accordingly.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
took it out for a ride today, kinda felt at home after having a sunday, except for the slacker head angle, after a couple of runs I felt I was riding even more agressive, def confidence inspiring! Loved it! So stocked! The rc4 worked pretty well, all though I felt one pretty hard bottom out. Gotta show it some real dh use and start setting it up. the 300lbs stock spring works pretty well, and Im running about 35% sag (I think). Gonna give it a bit more air and close up on the high speed compresion.

In my experience, run bottom out fully closed, 180-200psi in the chamber, rebound 5-6 clicks out from fully closed, and adjust hsc and lsc to your preferences (good starting point for each of HSC and LSC is 6 clicks out from fully closed - this is a fairly heavy compression setting though). I've actually reduced the IFP depth in mine by just under 2mm to get it even more progressive at the end of the stroke - it's great, gives you a strong ramp up at the end of the stroke without having to run tons of mid-stroke compression.

Last edited:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007

My shock is at service and I dont really count clicks. I started with 1/2 HSC, LSC in 1/2, rebound in 1/2 and pressure as low as possible. I run a fair bit of bottom out after Maribor but to be honest thats the only place when I can hear my wheels squeeling ;) Than worked with it. I like to change it between tracks or acording to my current mood swing.
As for the bike itself - it is a bit like a sunday with better geo and no annyoing issues. For me the cockpit only felt a bit compact(im 5 10 and ride M) but I got used to it fast.

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
great stuff! Cool! I'll be writing an extensive and full review by the end of november after a lot of testing. Norbar, Socket, have you guys had the RC4 reshimmed? real excited about this!

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
As for the bike itself - it is a bit like a sunday with better geo and no annyoing issues. For me the cockpit only felt a bit compact(im 5 10 and ride M) but I got used to it fast.
Yeah, my Large feels big, its the biggest bike I've had to now. Feels long and stable while still nimble. Right up there with the sunday, but the center of gravity is even lower. I found myself right over the front after a while to compensate for the slacker head angle. Might be goin with a 40 mm to try it out, but I must say it feels good so far. The front end is even lower than the sunday which is also good. I also found this bike handles real well with leg power (kinda felt it on the sunday, but this one takes it a further step). You could describe it as kinda skying, where pushing down on the legs really gives you that extra traction. With some bikes you can feel you won't get away with this so easly, but do to the low center of gravity this feels like a breeze. The harder you push, the faster and more in control it feels. hahah okay, I'll leave the rest for the review, plus its been one short ride so far, need more time on it

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I get what you mean, now I tend to go into some turns not really beliving I can do it at this speed and it still rails.