Quantcast

New bike for '13.. 2011 Commencal

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
pretty stoked on this boys; haven't done a nice shred-test on 'er yet because of the weather :-/

got it about 2 weeks ago

coming from a 2006 morewood izimu, just sitting on it/ geometry feels spot on
slapped my orange fubar OSX uncut bars hand bought in Kamloops on our roadtrip to throw off the yellow white color scheme ;)
anyone have any experience with the Supremes? any tips with linkage maintenance?
rear fender for mud/dirt?
there is alittle slop in the rear suspension on the rebound side of the RC4.. might machine my own out of some 316 stainless stock

all i have to do is fix the suspension slop, bleed the rear brake, and thats it.. for $2100 im still convinced it was a steal!!
cheers

nmpearson

Monkey
Dec 30, 2006
Nice bike! I built that bike haha...frame was a display from interbike. Some kid(i think from Texas) called my shop and wanted a DH bike. Ended up with that custom build. Only thing I hated about it was the cinelli post. Kid needed the bike quick so I just threw the post on. Looks like he barely used the bike

goodgrief

Monkey
Aug 13, 2008
Innerleithen, Scotland
I have the same frame in red.
All the pivots are very high quality machined aluminium or stainless so I'd suspect the shock hardware first or even a bearing unless something has been put together wrong.

I've gone over-board with mud protection. I made a small fender like the V10 has from a crud catcher, attached a rapid racer guard from the swingarm to the seatube and filled around the shock and linkage with moto foam (fish tank filter).

If you ever have to change the main pivot bearings get a blind bearing puller because they are doubled up on each side and almost impossible to drift out.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Looks good! I'd throw on a direct mount and give the tires the steave peach cut. looks like your guide is also brotated forward too far.

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
no sh*t! gravity shop in texas? small world

really interesting about how it was the interbike showbike
yeah the bike is in stupid good condition.. thats why i had to jump on it!

@goodgrief.. im pretty sure its just the rebound side rear shock eyelet, i can see the movement
im thinking of just hacking up a innertube..i feel like dirt/mud/shotty water will kill the pivots real quick

nmpearson

Monkey
Dec 30, 2006
Actually...my shop was in Utah. The kid just called us I guess bc we were a commencal dealer. None was near him

descente

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Sandy Eggo
im stoked to know where its from!
don't get your hopes up....they are TW made. very high quality bikes though!

the rebound side DU bushing will wear very quickly, i had to replace them at a minimum of every 6 months on my commy supreme (version before yours). the bearings last pretty good, they are sealed and shielded pretty good.

nmpearson

Monkey
Dec 30, 2006
Yah it's just from tw...I personally built up the bike though. Not sure why he pulled the direct mount stem off.