Quantcast

new bike-pics

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
love the seat - so classy.

hate the stem too. had one of those on my big bike. you can get something like 1/2 the weight that will look better.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
was surprised at how raked the head angle appears to be... must be a combination of that 25mm stem and the tallish forks though.

Never realized the blackmarket was in cahoots with the police. maybe that explains the ties with sadism & masochism...

wishihadmoney

Monkey
Dec 1, 2005
Boone, NC
parts list
-handlebar
-stem
-grips
-brake
-lever
-seat
-seatpost that i need to change for no apparent reason
-bottom bracket
-cranks
-fork thats too tall
-chainring
-seatpost clamp
-brake cable
-pedals
-frame
-chain

why would i lower a fork thats on a 2-6. i like it. and as for the stem. it works. it was 15 bucks and i dont masturbate to it on a scale. the fork was 50 bucks. im 16 and on a budget. i got away from this build for less than 700. im satisfied. what do cops have to do with sadism?

karmapolice

Chimp
Nov 3, 2007
Marietta, GA
Definitely looks awesome, good to see another Blk Mrkt. The reason for the police/military stuff is because Carter Holland was is a Marine (once always deal) and even served as a police officer I believe. It’s cool to see and I love the head tube graphic on my riot but it also means more to me because I spent some time in the military and have always had an interest in military stuff.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Better a smartass than a dumbass, I always say. :thumb:
No need to go off the deep end after some minor critique though....

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
parts list
-handlebar
-stem
-grips
-brake
-lever
-seat
-bottom bracket
-cranks
-fork thats too tall
-chainring
-seatpost clamp
-brake cable
-pedals
-frame
-chain

why would i lower a fork thats on a 2-6. i like it. and as for the stem. it works. it was 15 bucks and i dont masturbate to it on a scale. the fork was 50 bucks. im 16 and on a budget. i got away from this build for less than 700. im satisfied. what do cops have to do with sadism?
Don't listen to those fools ride is money. One of the shreds in town has pretty much that same setup and it rides AMAZING. You picked good tough parts that you wont have to worry about too much. Im liking the cranks. As for the fork, why lower a 100mm fork. I don't think dropping it 20 mm is going to make any difference. IMO

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
parts list
-handlebar
-stem
-grips
-brake
-lever
-seat
-bottom bracket
-cranks
-fork thats too tall
-chainring
-seatpost clamp
-brake cable
-pedals
-frame
-chain

Nice bike, but you sound like a bitch.

wishihadmoney

Monkey
Dec 1, 2005
Boone, NC
geeze whats up with all the hate on ridemonkey. no other bike site is like this. well. i dont go to pinkbike but thats beside the point. i was just throwin a lil sarcasm out there. but dang mister steelers that was a little over the top dont ya think? as for a serious parts list...
frame-blackmarket riot 21.5 tt
fork-05 DJ1
Cranks-Eastern 720s
pedals- Eastern plastic pedals
Bar-Deity
Wheels-atomlab DhR i believe
tires-kenda keniption
chainring- profile 25t
seatpost-cheapest one that fit it. from dans. it beat buyin the 60 dollar post from blckmrkt
-red salsa seatpost clamp
-odyssey aitken seat
-just an old hayes mech brake
-FUNN SERIAL GRIPPA STEM

seth505

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
CA
change the seatpost to something expensive and/or trendy before it BLOWS UP!!!!

people will bark at you if your bike doesnt have a slammed seat, your seat is wide or if your bike is "perfect for you" for that matter. Have fun on it.

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
I like the build. I love the first pic. I like the red against everything else.

If you like the bike, and it rides well, that is all that really matters. Congrats on joining the BlkMrkt club. Looks great.

I can understand the lowering of the fork thing. I like my Riot much more after dropping my Argyle down to 80mm. It just semed to handle better. But again if stock is good then leave it.

Is that an 08' or a leftover 07'?

wishihadmoney

Monkey
Dec 1, 2005
Boone, NC
ya i realized that i put the wheel on backwards. but i was too lazy to swap it ha. like u said im not runnin a brake so it dont bother me. its an 07. i dont know im real comfortable with the fork at 100mm. and i definentaly dont know enough to lower it. action shots comin

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
Nice ride, but please change seatpost and travel your fork down ;)
Does he really need a Thomson or other $$ post for that whole 1" of extension? :rolleyes:

And why lower the travel? It's [mostly] a mountain bike! If you really want him to "man-up" why not suggest rigid? But then I'd have to ask you to truly man-up and ride a 20". :thumb:

rid3HB

Monkey
Aug 28, 2007
god for 700 bucks im sooo jealous. if i could figure out how to make such a good build for such a great price id be in my own zen. Props!

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
ha looks a little off but I think its just the stem, thats a strange stem btw, who makes it?

Oh yea, sweet ride, the frame with the ano red stuff looks awesome.

Miller

Chimp
Sep 17, 2006
geeze whats up with all the hate on ridemonkey. no other bike site is like this. well. i dont go to pinkbike but thats beside the point. i was just throwin a lil sarcasm out there. but dang mister steelers that was a little over the top dont ya think? as for a serious parts list...
frame-blackmarket riot 21.5 tt
fork-05 DJ1
Cranks-Eastern 720s
pedals- Eastern plastic pedals
Bar-Deity
Wheels-atomlab DhR i believe
tires-kenda keniption
chainring- profile 25t
seatpost-cheapest one that fit it. from dans. it beat buyin the 60 dollar post from blckmrkt
-red salsa seatpost clamp
-odyssey aitken seat
-just an old hayes mech brake
-FUNN SERIAL GRIPPA STEM
how do you like those pedals i'm thinkin about gettin them, i heard you can drill out the plastic pins and put some medal ones in. but how do they feel now???

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
The art of the $700 hardtail build is learning how to use whatever parts are on closeout/ebay/free from friends/sitting around your house. Not having brakes or gears also helps.

wishihadmoney

Monkey
Dec 1, 2005
Boone, NC
the pedals are pretty nice. riding dirt they lose some grip cause the dirt just cakes to em, but overall theyre pretty good pedals. especially for 15$. plus they weigh next to nothing. i havnt heard that about putting in metal pins. i may look into it