Quantcast

New Bike Products

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
@Avy "Guy builds a boat" was actually a TV series here.
The dude's quite entertaining for sure and as a TT racer impressive but I personally don't get the hard on/man crush so many (Apparently) straight men seem to have for him.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
think the kashima thing is finally on the downslope, fox is going to have to make a suspension that works better now...or a new darker kashima to market for a bit longer
I fitted two brand new 40s this week. Same Yr models from the same distributor but Delivered a few weeks apart and each had a slightly different shade of Kashima. Should we have charged MOAR for the slightly newer one?

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Guy Martin is a very entertaining (Though rarely intentionally) personality but being Autistic (Aspy). I'm sure you'll agree, his views on many things can be a bit stubborn and narrowminded.
He doesn't drink Earl Grey tea. Being from Lincolnshire he'll drink Linkolnshire, Tetley or Yorkshire tea like almost every working class man from the North of England he'll think Earl Grey is poncy/fancy. I've heard him say in interviews he likes Tetley which really isn't a very good tea. And anyone who puts a tea bag in cold milk thinking it will brew properly when you pour the water in is an idiot. also anyone who has to have milk (or sugar) in their tea clearly doesn't actually like the taste of tea.
#irony

@Avy "Guy builds a boat" was actually a TV series here.
The dude's quite entertaining for sure and as a TT racer impressive but I personally don't get the hard on/man crush so many (Apparently) straight men seem to have for him.

Brother, the man crush you dont understand,is a matter you need not worry your little Scottish mind with. He is not even known here,so these “many” you speak of,must be on your side of the pond? I’m also not sure why you mention straight men? Who cares,Gay or straight,it’s a man crush.

Avy

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Brother, the man crush you dont understand,is a matter you need not worry your little Scottish mind with. He is not even known here,so these “many” you speak of,must be on your side of the pond? I’m also not sure why you mention straight men? Who cares,Gay or straight,it’s a man crush.

Avy
I don't really understand ANY man crush. I mentioned "straight" as Gay does makes a bit more sense to me.

Obviously he's better known over here but surely Guy is known in certain circles in the US little from his Pike's peak hill climb record? Or is that not sort of thing just a big deal with US petrol heads?

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
I fitted two brand new 40s this week. Same Yr models from the same distributor but Delivered a few weeks apart and each had a slightly different shade of Kashima. Should we have charged MOAR for the slightly newer one?
Correct me if I’m wrong. The Black Nitrate (I think that is the name?) came out After Kashima and was said to be smoother,and have a longer lasting coating. I am only speaking of Zokie as that is all I have used. 66,Z1 etc. Can we really tell the difference if both Forks are proper?

Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
I don't really understand ANY man crush. I mentioned "straight" as Gay does makes a bit more sense to me.

Obviously he's better known over here but surely Guy is known in certain circles in the US little from his Pike's peak hill climb record? Or is that not sort of thing just a big deal with US petrol heads?
Ok Brother,I understand how you feel.

Yes,just a Big Deal to the petrol heads only/mostly here sadly. I just watched the Pikes Peak video a few days ago. The Dam Trophey they gave out for All Drivers/Riders was a Joke! They got their Money for the Race and gave out this? Best in the World? I can’t talk about it.

Avy

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Nope, the texture of scones are entirely different, IMO.
The US biscuits are much lighter and fluffier.
And those (as shown) have no cheese.
These absolutely, 100% have to be eaten hot, ideally with butter.
(Also, for me, always with Fried Chicken)

EDIT: ‘The Olde Countries’? Is that better?
Have to admit, the scones you linked are similar.
Really, really good versions of these (US) are made with lard.

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Our biscuits (yes, honey, butter), forgot about our biscuits

Us:
so it looks like a cookie, shaped like a cookie it should taste like a cookie...
It looks like a biscuit, shaped like a biscuit it should taste like a biscuit...

Over there:
If it's shaped like a cookie, looks like a cookie we should call it a biscuit and make it taste like neither...

(There are some that I have had I do like, and I LOVE SCONES...just like flipping shit)

I do make.liege waffles and old family recipe from overseas that we distribute and sell seasonal...those are AMAZING...
Welborns waffle

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I am with rideit and bullcrew on this. Canada and 'Murica, we stand proud.

Biscuits are those fluffy things that are meant to have NAST gravy (by nasty, I mean hold me back, I'm going to devour it tasty) poured on them.

Cookies are what biscuits were meant to be called, in the rest of the world.

Scones? Take em, we don't want em.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
And I swear to god, if anyone uses margarine on a biscuit they are getting a punch in the face. Growing up, my parents were all about the margarine and powdered milk. I don't care if butter becomes a rare treat...it's a hell of a lot better than easy access to margarine which is basically just congealed vegetable oil.

englertracing

you owe me a sandwich
Mar 5, 2012
La Verne
Correct me if I’m wrong. The Black Nitrate (I think that is the name?) came out After Kashima and was said to be smoother,and have a longer lasting coating. I am only speaking of Zokie as that is all I have used. 66,Z1 etc. Can we really tell the difference if both Forks are proper?

Avy
Nitriding is done to steel, and titanium
Titanium nitride, titanium aluminum nitride, chromium nitride.

While kashima is done to aluminum it is anodizing with molybdenum disulfide introduced into the anodizings pores during what would normally be the dying phase.

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Are you talking about the US?
Because the commonwealth countries sure aren’t known for bread or baked goods.
Anymore, that’s as cheesy and incorrect as saying the US doesn’t have good beer.
Maybe true 25 years ago, but now?
That said, there are thousands of great bakeries in the US, you just have to find them.

If I got that wrong, please ignore.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I make my own, I have krampouz liege, scone, and Belgian machines for those style goods..don't do much baking...but for baking or cakes we have a crap ton of amazing bakeries around here and in LA ..
Then we have a place called cookie plug, they are decent but I feel like I want a wrap sheet and gold grill when I walk out ..