Quantcast

New Bike Shop!!!!!!

NECROMONGER

Chimp
Jan 2, 2005
Olympia
A new shop with an old name just opened up in Tumwater:thumb:
It's called Bikesmith!! 1-360-754-2822. He has some good brands, he's even got BMX brand called STOLEN: D
His prices are on stuff are very low. For once, there is a shop that is not out to rake you over the COALS.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Muuqi said:
Ha, wonder how long he'll be able to stay open if he is cutting his margin enough to offer super low prices.
Well that shouldn't mater much to people in the area.

If you are local it is probably in the shops and your best interest to check it out. Heck a new LBS....is at least worth a look.

Where the hell is Tumwater? :D

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
oly said:
Tumwater is better known as Olympia....... Its where the OLY brewery used to be.....

I cant wait to get the time to check out the shop.
Why is it always beer landmarks with you? :)

It that the old brewery next to I-5 south of the capital? I guess near the turn off to head to Aberdeen...:think: I am not good with details of the south end.....but I think I am right. Can you see the brewery from the freeway? And is that "Tumwater" or is further outside Olympia?

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune
Dave_Schuldt said:
There used to be a Bikesmith on 45th in Walingford next to the Erotic Bakery in Seattle. Very cool place, I was sad to see it go.
Val had to close for many reasons but he was sad to close.

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune
thesacrifice said:
does he carry FR/DH stuff? where in Tumwater? woooot?
Not much inventory right now. But the focus will be on DH/FR/BMX. Not your everyday, everyone else has it bikes.
Capital Blvd south toward airport from Oly. Second right after McD's
209 Gerth St 98501 You can mapquest it.

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune
Str8OutaBallard said:
So is this Val's shop?
No. Val closed Bikesmith on 45th like two years ago. I always loved the name and his love of all things round. I contacted him about the name and he had closed the business license out a long time ago so the name was open.
The focus will be sort of all Mountain/Freeride and BMX. Just ignore all the carbon on my XC bike:) . But like Val I love all things round.

A guy named Rick works in the back part of the building making custom choppers. Bicycles that look like they should have a motor. His business is Tribal Custom Choppers. If you talk to him please don't call his bikes lowriders or talk about flame paint jobs being cool. Those are his iching points.:D

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune
thesacrifice said:
this is right up the road from me! any clothing? screw it im going in!
I hope I'm around when you stop in. I promised the kid up the street breaks today and my supplier did ship it. Soooo I'm going to go up to Kent to get it for him then I need to run over and fix a stroller for a gal that has a day care and needs it up and running ASAP. I sould be in form 4:30pm to 9pm.

If I'm not in Rick (The chopper Bike Guy) will let you look around.
Just some BMX t shirts and shoes right now (Need a little input on what riders other than me want) but I have lots of lines. PM me and I can fill you in on what I can and can't get.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
jodysbike said:
No. Val closed Bikesmith on 45th like two years ago. I always loved the name and his love of all things round. I contacted him about the name and he had closed the business license out a long time ago so the name was open.
..blah blah blah bunch of edited out crap...
so what up? this shop yours or something? just where do you fit into the scheme of things jody?
:oink:

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune
pnj said:
so what up? this shop yours or something? just where do you fit into the scheme of things jody?
:oink:
Weather balloons
:rolleyes:
Yep!!!!!!
Right between rock, hard spot, and Tumwater Lanes.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
well hell, maybe i'll stop in and at least pee in the corner next time I'm down that way....

talk some smack, squeeze some break levers and whatnot...

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune
pnj said:
well hell, maybe i'll stop in and at least pee in the corner next time I'm down that way....

talk some smack, squeeze some break levers and whatnot...
I'll have to hit you on the nose with some paper!
Sure I have a few Stolen bikes you can check out.
;) (Stolen is a real brand name of Bike)
PHP:
http://www.stolenbmx.com/
My Five-O has tubesteaks, Barmitzvah's, a Pervert, and a Redneck!:blah:

SR

Monkey
Dec 8, 2001
Olympia WA
just saw this thread....actually I saw an SUV downtown last night with a big ol BIKESMITH decal on the side and what looked like your ol trusty GT on top. I'll have to swing by when I get a chance.

Lux Interior

Monkey
Jun 18, 2005
Dave_Schuldt said:
There used to be a Bikesmith on 45th in Walingford next to the Erotic Bakery in Seattle. Very cool place, I was sad to see it go.
..........mmmmmmmmm, erotic cakes........

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune
Lux Interior said:
..........mmmmmmmmm, erotic cakes........
That place was great. They could make a cake from a photo of you and your girls parts in action that looked sooooooooo real.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
SR said:
just saw this thread....actually I saw an SUV downtown last night with a big ol BIKESMITH decal on the side and what looked like your ol trusty GT on top. I'll have to swing by when I get a chance.
SR, remember that one night we went street riding with derek taking pics on that bank in Tumwater? Thats right where the show was. Brought back some old memories... haha.

thesacrifice

Monkey
Aug 4, 2004
nuclear 674 said:
checked it out today, cool place. It is small so far but growing. They had a transition dirtbag and preston. the owner was super nice, hope they do well.
Ditto, checked it out tonight, I'm rooting for those dudes. Nice guys and like he said, great prices. It's a niche market but something we need down in this area. I'll be taking my ASX there to get wrenched on

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune
SR said:
I just can't put that bike to rest. It's in winter mode right now. 20mm Z3, Fenders, 2.5 tires, ect. I put all the carbon and Ti away for the winter.

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune
ummbikes said:
I'm excited for ya Jody! I'm down for some shop rides for sure. Time to get my squishy bike going again.
Thanks.
I'm riding almost every weekend. It just depends on what day I have the kids. I've been riding to work every chance I get. Like Aaron from Aarons Bike Repair is fond of spouting. "Why work at a bike shop if you don't ride." He will not hire a wrench who doesn't ride to work at least fourmes a week.