Quantcast

New Bike, What do you like !?!?!?

Dirtbag85

Chimp
Jul 1, 2006
Knoxville, TN
I'm in the market for a new XC FS. I'm willing to spend the extra money for something nice, possibly to race a bit with. I'm not new to Mtb. but am new to the racing scene. I work at a shop in Knoxville and have seen both Hardtail and Full Susp. riders have much success with both types of frames . I would rather go w. FS. Either way , what bikes do you like? I'm currently looking at a Santa Cruz Blur XC, Float 100r Fox Fork, Sram X-9 components. (yes, I've heard the horror stories about their customer service).
Anything out there up-to-par with this beast of a bike ?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Check out my review of a Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert in the XC forum, titled "a little review". I love this bike!

V-Dub GTI

Monkey
Jun 11, 2006
blah!
yeah i own a stumpjumper and i love it. it works really well for xc. and is nice and light and preforms great!

Dirtbag85

Chimp
Jul 1, 2006
Knoxville, TN
Just out of curiousity, what's the Stumpy, weighting out at ? I thought it looked pretty beefy in the front end and in the wheelset area... maybe not ...
I'll tell you what though, if anyone out there is interested in a kickass hardtail, I've been very, VERY impressed with the Scott Scale. They have the Limited, which is completely decked out. It's just an over-the-top bike. Fun to look at, even if you don't have the money. But they have the Scale 50, 40, and 30 that are still a little pricey, but if you are looking for something fast ....real fast then this is definitely the bike you are looking for. Check them out at Scott's website.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
The Stumpjumper is pretty light. I haven't weighed it yet but I'll try to if I get the chance. The wheels are a bit on the heavy side, but with XT cranks, a Shimano drivetrain, and Specialized control pieces it comes in pretty light.

FBTMILF

Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
Colorado
i ride... well... a novara from REI!!! ha ha. its a great bike, i ride the 2005 buzz and love it but its heavy and not really an xc bike but yeah, if you wanted to go for something like that, check them out!

on the other hand, the stumpjumpers are really nice, i rode one at bicycle village and thought it was great. if i had the money i'd defidently get one.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
my last XC bike was a Turner XCE and i gotta tell ya that was one of the sweetest things i have ever owned in my entire freakin life. if you can afford the Santa Cruz then you should just bump it up a notch and go with the Turner........