Quantcast

new bike

IronJim

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Santa Cruz Mountains
i just finshed building it up, theres a few small things that i still have left to do but here it is. the first thing im changing is the breaks to avid juicys 8" front 7" rear and ill have those in a couple of days. then im going to get a gamut guide and then X9 der. and shifter

theres a lot of other stuff too, but i dont want to list all of them.

demo 8 pro medium
888 works with rissie flat crowns
deemax wheels
2.5 front and rear highroller tubless
mr dirt gizmo guide
truvativ holzfeller cranks
el camino 8"front break
hayes hfx mag 6" rear break

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Infectious bike!

Hey can you post a pic of the inside of the cold forged area around the shock? Especially the upper beam of the cold forged piece and the amount of material on the inside? Thanks, that would REALLY help me out!

IronJim

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Santa Cruz Mountains
ryan/kona29 said:
dude thats sick!!!

HOW LONG DID YOU SAVE UP TO BUILD THAT MASTER PIECE
well i took all the parts off my old bike witch was a bullit and put them on here and it took me about a year to get all those parts, and as for buying the demo frame i got a REALLY good deal on it

IronJim

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Santa Cruz Mountains

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Thanks Ironjim, I'm trying to see if the 06 model has been beefed up, my 05 broke after three weeks. Spesh isn't feeling like warrantying it, and I'm racing at least two, maybe three world cups in less than six months. The upright below the pivot in the top right of this photo is what broke: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...m/IMG_5159.jpg It broke last summer, but since it's been this long, it's time to tell the world. If, by any chance, you could snap a pic of the inside of that upright, it would help me decide if I should even bother with pulling strings and getting a warranty. If it hasn't been beefed, I'll sell my AS-X in Europe and by V10. Thanks dude.

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
bikenweed said:
Thanks Ironjim, I'm trying to see if the 06 model has been beefed up, my 05 broke after three weeks. Spesh isn't feeling like warrantying it, and I'm racing at least two, maybe three world cups in less than six months. The upright below the pivot in the top right of this photo is what broke: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...m/IMG_5159.jpg It broke last summer, but since it's been this long, it's time to tell the world. If, by any chance, you could snap a pic of the inside of that upright, it would help me decide if I should even bother with pulling strings and getting a warranty. If it hasn't been beefed, I'll sell my AS-X in Europe and by V10. Thanks dude.

FYI - They have beefed up the inside of the rib-cage for 2006 Demo8 Pro, compared to the 2005 Demo8 Pro's that were cracking.

I was about to have shipped a second hand 2005 Demo8 Pro, however when the seller was putting the bike in the box, to ship it to me, he noticed the crack in the frame. He sent it in for warranty replacement, and they sent him a brand new 2006 frame (score!). Anyway, he went on to mention, that they beefed up the inside of the rib-cage, as he still had his 05 frame there to compare.

HOWEVER, I was eyeing up another 2005 Demo8 Pro (while searching for a bike to buy) and came across another brand new warranty replacement, however this time, the gentleman got back another 2005. When he compared this warrantied 2005 with a 2006, he said that his 2005 was just as beefy, inside the ribcage, which would suggest that specialized did start beefing up their 2005's after the problem came about.

My bike, arrives on Tuesday, and on Wednesday I get my 2006 888RC2x to throw on it...cant wait.

I will post pics, when she arrives!

IronJim

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Santa Cruz Mountains
Brunettes said:
how do you like the tubeless set up?
i like the tubless a lot, you can accelerate faster, its way lighter, they take small bumps better and with stans in them ive only had to pump them up once in the 4 months that ive had them. the only thing that i dont really care for about them is when your in the air and you hit the brakes the tires drop way faster

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I was gonna come back up for like a month but it never happened unfortunately. I do miss the SC trails even though we have rad trails here too.