Quantcast

New Bike!

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I got lucky with this one. I've been wanting a new bike for awhile now but funds haven't been nice to me. I've been riding this old Diamond Back that I got back in 2001. I put some nice parts on that frame and have been riding it off and on since.

I was pretty much set on getting just a frame of some sort but found this STP on CL that was advertised as new. I saved some dough, did my taxes, etc.. and a month later, the same bike shows up on CL again. I drove the hour drive on saturday and checked it out. The bike was BRAND NEW. The guy bought it seven months ago and might have pedaled it six times. and I mean, just pedaled. I rode this thing harder in the first 20 minutes of owning it then he did in seven months. I paid $550.00

I need new bars (or I'll use my old ones) cause these are too skinny.

Stoked!

Old bike.

New Bike.

wow. My camera sucks...

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
glad you found one! i'm rocking an Steal Head for monetary reasons now... similar build but yeah...i need to get some new pics up...and go ride colonade

sixgun_sound

Monkey
Sep 24, 2007
Yakima, WA
Btw, Seattle folks, me and my buddy Brian have been digging out at Greenlake a lot, and it's running really well right now. Looks like the hip in the far left line is going to be fenced off by the city... so ride it while you can.

Feb 13, 2002
Seattle, WA
Nice!

How's your back? My back is a bit jank and I find riding park with nice transitions actually helps, whereas street can make it worse. I also found riding 20s easier on my back than 26, oddly enough. Probably because the 20 gives you more room to soak things up with your legs.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
My back is not good. I do PT daily and that helps but it still hurts. I can't ride street, bunnyhops reall make my back hurt. I can jump some though, so that's nice.