Quantcast

new biker

biker993

Chimp
Jun 20, 2007
I am new at biking and i gitting diamondback. i want to know if those bikes are any good.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Get the cheapest bike that will work for you and fits well enough.

Save your money.

Learn the sport and what it means to have a bike that's right for YOU.

Buy THE bike after a year or two. Then turn the one you're about to buy into a commuter/beater/cruiser.

mroneeyedboh

Monkey
Oct 16, 2006
yeah hes my little cousin, its a diamondback response. my buddy got it from dicks ( bad move ) and its got a three year warrarnty on it hes getting it for $150. id rather him get this then a cheaper bike ( hes 13 )

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
yeah hes my little cousin, its a diamondback response. my buddy got it from dicks ( bad move ) and its got a three year warrarnty on it hes getting it for $150. id rather him get this then a cheaper bike ( hes 13 )
wait, biker993 is 13 years old?

Absolutely do NOT get an expensive bike. He's going to grow way too fast to make it worthwhile. Buy the expensive bike when you stop growing.

Ok, all that said, Diamondback does make good stuff. I have one. I use it as a beater bike. In other words, I beat the crap out of it and it just laughs. I'm actually thinking of rebuilding it to make it more useful.

mtnbiker7

Monkey
May 22, 2007
New Jersey
If you are 13 get something like a Scott Voltage, their pretty good I have a Scott Voltage 2 and am going to get a Demo or Big Hit.

2gunnz

Monkey
Feb 9, 2007
Ft. Lewis
I beat the crap out of a diamondback Ztec for around 4 years and never really had any problems. Wish I still had it to be honest.