Quantcast

New bikes and ride

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
First the new rides

We rode around town last night and had a great time. Buy some nice cruisers if you have a place to ride them, and especially if you have a significant other- they will open up a whole new side of biking. At the risk of sounding really fruity - Now you can ride a bike, smell the roses and spend some quality time with the one you love. It's nirvana.

Reactions were great too. Met a bunch of new people. They would comment and so we would stop and talk, a few people even wanted to ride them. People from cars would smile or laugh and wave. The only sour point was a bunch of fat girls in a metro that yelled "fags". :rolleyes:

My camera battery died not too far into the ride so I'll just post the few pics that were taken

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
robdamanii said:
Sweet cruisers! Did your wife colour coordinate on purpose or was it just accidental?

:thumb:
haha yeah that was on purpose. She bought it a few days ago and by complete accident the bike matched perfectly so she had to wear it :)

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
Some day I will live in a town where a cruiser bike is the preferred mode of transport. When that happens I want an old schwinn tandem for me and my sweetie to cruise around on. And a single cruiser for going to work and stuff. Maybe I could get rid of my car and fill that space of my garage full of bikes! :D

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
Morryjg said:
Some day I will live in a town where a cruiser bike is the preferred mode of transport. When that happens I want an old schwinn tandem for me and my sweetie to cruise around on. And a single cruiser for going to work and stuff. Maybe I could get rid of my car and fill that space of my garage full of bikes! :D
What are you talking about? Move to Golden and work at the Brewery!

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
Congrats. I thought the wifee had a black cruiser already?!?!?! I would like to get one for the wife, and suggestions for getting one in the Seattle area? I want an inexpensive one and could use some suggestions.

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
Monkeybidnezz said:
Congrats. I thought the wifee had a black cruiser already?!?!?! I would like to get one for the wife, and suggestions for getting one in the Seattle area? I want an inexpensive one and could use some suggestions.
Yeah but she wanted one a little more girly. Now its our spare. We are going to get one more so that when we have friends over for dinner we can go on after dinner cruises:)

Not sure what you are meaning by inexpensive. The electras run 2-700 bucks

if you look online you can get them for 100 and up. I got mine in Olympia, I don't know much about Seattle bike shops, sorry!

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
cool :) they look better w/ your butts on em... kinda funny-looking by themselves ;)

Summit

Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
here 'n there
Nice! Cruisers rule. My wife and I bought each other cruisers last summer and they have been far more fun than I ever thought.

We get comments on them all the time as well, it's cool.

Heading out to the brewery the other night:

Attachments