Quantcast

New bikey — On-One Inbred 456

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
The new bikey came in Tuesday morning. It is one of the "complete 456s" that On-One built this year. Everything is stock so far, except that I replaced the funky Mary bar with a regular riser (and I added the Mallets).

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
Sweey ride by the way ! I am contemplating doing an Inbred 29er...
How is the frame quality and build quality?

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
I am OK with the color. I don't love it or hate it. At least nobody else has a baby blue bike.

MunkeeHucker said:
WHATCHA doin' with the mary bars ???
The Marys went on my wife's bike. She has been wanting either those or the Mungos for her commuter bike.

MunkeeHucker said:
Sweet ride by the way ! I am contemplating doing an Inbred 29er...
How is the frame quality and build quality?
I can't say much about the long-term durability, since I have only had it two days :p, but the welds are nice and tight. The frame has lots of little details that suggest that it has been well thought out. The paint is nice and thick and it even came with a little bottle of touch-up paint (with a brush in the cap).

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
DNA said:
The paint is nice and thick and it even came with a little bottle of touch-up paint (with a brush in the cap).
I just bought the 29er frame. Mine didn't come with touch-up paint, it came with chipped paint. Nothing to lose sleep over though, I figure I'm going to crash it anyway.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
the Inbred said:
i like these bikes and hope to pick one up some day. as well as the Il Pompino.
il Pompino :drool:. Those bikes make my Langster look so dull.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Skookum said:
i like it, first time i've seen the air RS fork. How is it treating you.
So far so good. I haven't had a Rock Shox in years after a particulary awful Judy (back when they weren't a low end fork).

Highlights so far:
(1) the U-turn is smooth (but it does take a lot of turns)
(2) set up for both the positive and negative springs was easy
(3) lockout works
(4) the blowoff gate adjustment is pretty cool too
(5) I was particularly impressed that all of the adjuster knobs and thingys were machined aluminum, no plastic to be found.

As long as the seals don't leak, I will be :dancing: .

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
N8 said:
I'll take your Mary bars if you don't want them...
My wife claimed them for her bike. I think that you are third in line for dibs if she doesn't like them. MMcG jumped in early yesterday, followed by MunkeeHucker, that makes you #3.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
DNA said:
My wife claimed them for her bike. I think that you are third in line for dibs if she doesn't like them. MMcG jumped in early yesterday, followed by MunkeeHucker, that makes you #3.
[Spicoli] But those dudes are fags... [/Spicoli]

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
DNA, did you buy this while On-One was having their sale? how much did it cost you? i believe they were selling complete Il Pompinos for something like ~$750. total with shipping from UK was right around $800. brant posts over on MTBR.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
the Inbred said:
DNA, did you buy this while On-One was having their sale? how much did it cost you? i believe they were selling complete Il Pompinos for something like ~$750. total with shipping from UK was right around $800. brant posts over on MTBR.
Yeah, I got in on the pre-order sale at 799 pounds. It ended up being around $1450 with shipping. I had to pay almost another $100 in customs duties when it showed up. Altogether not a bad price for a bike specced the way it is. It still isn't a bad deal at 899 pounds.