Quantcast

New bikey stuff! (Impulse buys)

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Ever see something and just buy it because seems like a pretty good deal . I just did. :)

New helmet - $14.98

New wheelset - $79.99

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
stinkyboy said:
Ya may wanna spend a couple more bucks for something that could save your life.
:eviltongu

06 DIRT LID
-Meets ASTM F 1447, ANSI Z90-4, CPSC, CE bicycle helmet standards.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
wood-dog said:
Man, I really do miss the good 'ol day when I could still do the impulse buys, but ever since I got married it had to stop!
Oh, I'm sure the wife won't be happy when the wheelset box shows up on the doorstep, but what the hell... :blah:

Sorgie

Monkey
May 20, 2005
Rochester
McGRP01 said:
Oh, I'm sure the wife won't be happy when the wheelset box shows up on the doorstep, but what the hell... :blah:
Just explain it in a language they understand. "Well originally it was $XXX, but I got it for $XX, so really I saved $XX by buying it." My wife uses that ALL the time:think:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Sorgie said:
Just explain it in a language they understand. "Well originally it was $XXX, but I got it for $XX, so really I saved $XX by buying it." My wife uses that ALL the time:think:
Good call Sorg! :thumb:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Rockland said:
For free! Score. How'd that happen?
One of my DH teammates won it last year at a race and isn't planning on using it and he knows I was looking for a front brake for my Steelhead. I'll probably try to give him some cash for it, but I doubt if he'll take it.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Nice scores Tigg

I need to decide on a used seatpost or something new from an online retailer. Went to a shop near where I work and they wanted to charge me $65.00 for an FSA FR seatpost that I've seen at other places for half that.

Westy's Thomson offer is looking better and better.

J

JRB

What post do you need, Mark??? I had a FSA that I got for $40. I sold it to Spunger. I hope it worked for him.