Quantcast

new bikey

Jeff P.

Monkey
Nov 13, 2006
East Bay, Ca
Awesome bike, i have been kicking around picking up a CX bike, they look like tons of fun... That and i just got passed by a bunch of them on my last ride, hooray for efficiency.
JP

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
i was looking for an all around bike. i can take this to the local dirt and ride it faaasst in the city...im hoping it comes in tomorrow

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
That bike looks sweet! Cross bikes are great for city riding and for fast trails. You can rip a non tech trail on a sub 20lb, rigid 3cm tire bike...

On another note, is there any decent riding in/around Chicago for mountain or road? I have applied to grad school at the University of Chicaogo, but I haven't really spend much time there...

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
On another note, is there any decent riding in/around Chicago for mountain or road? I have applied to grad school at the University of Chicaogo, but I haven't really spend much time there...
Road scene is real big. Lots of commuters/fixed gears running around the city streets. Lots of road riding to be had and a ton of clubs. The dirt scene is getting better. The local group seems to be always in the works with building new trails. The riding isnt bad but there is NO selection. We basically have two places to ride dirt. Otherwise, Chicago is a really cool city, especially during the spring and summer. Let me know if you have any questions...

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Road scene is real big. Lots of commuters/fixed gears running around the city streets. Lots of road riding to be had and a ton of clubs. The dirt scene is getting better. The local group seems to be always in the works with building new trails. The riding isnt bad but there is NO selection. We basically have two places to ride dirt. Otherwise, Chicago is a really cool city, especially during the spring and summer. Let me know if you have any questions...
Thanks! Still haven't heard back from the school...hope they send me an acceptance letter and a fatty financial aid package soon.

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
Thanks! Still haven't heard back from the school...hope they send me an acceptance letter and a fatty financial aid package soon.
you'll need a FAT financial aid package considering how expensive that school is. Good luck with that though U of C is a great school.