Quantcast

new bits on the pdc

freakrock

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Santiago de Chile
xy9ine, have you tryed to put a ccdb on it?
i'm planning to buy one for, but don't know if it will fit. A friend of mine will let me try to put his on my frame during this week, but im anxious and can't wait to know if i'll be able to run one on the pdc.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
no idea about the cc. dhx's apparently don't; 5ths & rocos do. i've got a 2.5" stroke 5th i'm going to try out to slack it out a little. if i like the geo i might try the platform devolution hack.

freakrock

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Santiago de Chile
no idea about the cc. dhx's apparently don't; 5ths & rocos do. i've got a 2.5" stroke 5th i'm going to try out to slack it out a little. if i like the geo i might try the platform devolution hack.
a 2.5 shock might be too short to do the trick.
I used to have an avy, and had a spacer machinet to make it 8.625" long, but never put it on.
Vitox did this on Antonio Leiva's (AKA Papa Mono)bike for a race in peru; if i remember right, he told me he used a slightly longer spacer than the one i made. It was intended for using the bike with a 66rc2x and it seemed way to slack to be used with an 8" fork.
i'll search for the pictures and ask vitox about the total length of the shock he used.

Originally Posted by xy9ine View Post
vitox - love the short & slack setup on the pdc (w/ the 66). what shock stroke length are you using there? great pics & commentary, btw.
i put a 5mm spacer on the shaft of a 8,75" roco to approximately keep the HA constant, but i think i overdid it slightly, maybe 4mm would be better.
the bike was a blast to ride though, great weapon for tamer dh courses.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
What was it replaced with? btw- nicest beater I've seen in quite some time!
xy has a lovely southern hemisphere carbon wonder bike known as Lahar.

Yev,
PDC is gone as far as I know, or in some sort of serious re-structuring process.
Here is/was their web site: http://www.pdcracing.com/bikes.php
but lots of the links are broken and nothing has been updated for a LOOONG time. If you go to the main domain (pdcracing.com) it says "comming soon".?.?

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
a 2.5 shock might be too short to do the trick.
rear travel should end up at about 7.5", slacking it out about a degree, which would be perfect, imo. we'll see. that 7" 66 on antonio's bike is most likely taller than an 8" boxxer with flush reducer hs as well.

i spoke to kyle a couple months ago, and he said the company wasn't defunct, just on hiatus while he was working on other (more lucrative) projects (4x4 part fabrication or something). he mentioned he was working on a new dh frame design (an evolution of the solaris) as well. though i haven't heard anything since, so i'm a bit sceptical.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
got it built. trying a 2.5 stroke shock; drops travel to ~7.5", ha ~65°, and bb to a lowerider-esque 13" w/ 2.2 tires (boxxer @ 8"). it feels tiny for the travel. should be fun. nice flat spot on the rear...

[/IMG]

olie

Chimp
Nov 7, 2004
Newcastle, Uk
thought i'd chip in with my Eight2Five, dont have a clue how much it weighs at the moment, but trying to keep it light. saving for a set of 40's, some xt cranks n lower rise bars, got 2" pro tapers on now, but would like something a little lower. After riding the bike at fort william and in the alps i can safely say its amazing, pedals really well, soaks everything up and is really good in the corners, only thing i'd like is a slightly slacker h/a, but i'm guessing a longer fork might help with this as the dorado has a very short axel 2 crown. if you could keep me posted on how it handles with the shorter shock length to slacken it out that would be great.

Olie

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1355614/

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1355611/

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
^^ nice looking bike! is it just me or is the right pedal broke?

olie

Chimp
Nov 7, 2004
Newcastle, Uk
yeah, its been replaced since then though, i was sitting down pedaling to a jump and i think i clipped a rock, finished the run and realised half the pedal was missing, they ran perfect for well over 2 yrs with not a thing done to them, then they snap. ah well.

olie

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
xy9ine- do you still have the polished world cup on your lahar? or is this just what it looks like after a while?

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
same fork. that's just what happens when you get lazy. keeping raw magnesium bright requires constant polishing. kinda matches the frame anyways.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
lahar became a donor bike for parts? sorry, i cant help my self, i am always interested on what you get up to bike wise. always something cool. kowa forks?

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
I'll beat your Lahar weight yet XY9INE,Mwwwahahaha.
i'm not sure one could get much lighter without making compromises to durability / performance at this point (cranks are one exception). there's already a couple bits i'd swap if i were actually racing the thing. it's fun tinkering, regardless.