Quantcast

New Blur LT

civilian

Chimp
Aug 16, 2003
Just happened to come across the new Santa Cruz website tonight and lo-and-behold. Looks like this will be an amazing do-it-all bike that could even be set up for some light DH, especially with the lower standover and new geo.

Ah-nice!

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Yeah Sorry on that one, but the Blur is still all XC. The Nomad is still coming ALOT closer to a Do it all bike, with capable of Light DH ability

http://www.santacruzbikes.com/nomad/index.php?geometry=1
The blur LT could be fun, and the 69* head angle is with a 140mm fork. It says it can now take a 160mm as well. Don't get me wrong, the nomad is great for light dh, but I think a blur LT could be pretty fun too.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Yeah dont get me wrong either, The blur LT is a great trail/am bike, but with a 69 degree HTA, Its going to be a bit overly squirly for anything DH, and with a longer fork, your going to have a raised BB height as well. I do really like the blurxc, Its just still to much of an XC bike for anything DH

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
I'm not knocking it either as I'm sure it would be loads of fun...my tastes are probably unusual as I dont even like riding XC with more than a 67 degree head angle...

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT