Quantcast

New Brooklyn Machine Works 30lb Downhill Bike...

Sep 1, 2007
16 powers st BKLN NY
Because Manimal's son can't be the only lucky kid out there! :D :wave:

Profile Jr. cranks, drive bash sprocket, X9, BB7s, E.13 STS.
Suspension duties consist of a FOX RP23, and a whole lot of custom front end machining on a Marzocchi Z1 tuned for Joe's 50lb 7 year old son.

Thanks to E.13 and Racer's edge in Brooklyn for helping us keep things working around the 20" wheel design. The kid is totally in love with this thing. He has already had one skatepark session on it...Now Diablo's calling.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Once again guys- nice work!

Very cool... I almost had to look twice to realize it was a kid's bike... nice custom work on the front end... so I guess we could call this the "Micro-Link"?

:biggrin:

Sep 1, 2007
16 powers st BKLN NY
Joe designed the crown so the front end wouldn't be jacked sky-high but there could still be a balanced 5 inches of travel front and back.

(Joe playing jungle safari after a 14 hour CNC programming marathon)

:monkeydance::monkeydance::monkeydance::monkeydance::monkeydance:

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Hell yeah! Nice work guys, I LOVE the fork crown idea, so simple, so perfect. Great job!

Dave

willem

Monkey
Jan 29, 2005
i saw that this weekend and was so confused.

its really sick! my nephew would love that!

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ
Wow! That thing is awesome!

What I want to know is, when are you guys gonna bring the bike you had at BikeKill to Diablo?

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
The fork is mondo cool, but I'm not sure how well it's going to hold up in a crash without a lower crown. I appreciate the top crown has super-deep holes for the stanchions, but even so, I reckon one decent crash with bike tumbling through the air and those stanchions will be toast!

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
The fork is mondo cool, but I'm not sure how well it's going to hold up in a crash without a lower crown. I appreciate the top crown has super-deep holes for the stanchions, but even so, I reckon one decent crash with bike tumbling through the air and those stanchions will be toast!
it is a single crown fork, with the same exposure it would have if normally mounted; instead of the steerer projecting upwards, it projects downwards.

that is all.

(Plus the rider is 50lbs!)

sixsixtysix

Monkey
Mar 6, 2005
Hell
Very Very Cool to see another 20" DH bike for a little ripper. Here is one that was built by my LBS for a fellow little local ripper. The fork setup worked out perfect if you're looking for 20" Dh fork setups:cheers:

Attachments

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
it is a single crown fork, with the same exposure it would have if normally mounted; instead of the steerer projecting upwards, it projects downwards.

that is all.

(Plus the rider is 50lbs!)
Totally incorrect. For a start rider weight is irrelevant, I'm talking about off-the-bike crash-inflicted damage.

Secondly, you've not thought it through:

Normal SC fork: forks can rotate fully.
This SC fork: stanchions hit frame, fork stops turning.

BROOKLYN1

Chimp
Jul 29, 2007
Totally incorrect. For a start rider weight is irrelevant, I'm talking about off-the-bike crash-inflicted damage.

Secondly, you've not thought it through:

Normal SC fork: forks can rotate fully.
This SC fork: stanchions hit frame, fork stops turning.
Seb you are incorect the crown it self is what contacts the top tube of the frame not the stantions. also there is more 7075 in that crown than any single fork crown you have ever seen touched or dreamt about. Huck has it clear.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Seb you are incorect the crown it self is what contacts the top tube of the frame not the stantions. also there is more 7075 in that crown than any single fork crown you have ever seen touched or dreamt about. Huck has it clear.
Well I did conceed that the crown looks pretty beef. Huck was definitely wrong in saying it's no different to running a normal SC though.