Quantcast

New Brooklyn Machine Works 30lb Downhill Bike...

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
Very Very Cool to see another 20" DH bike for a little ripper. Here is one that was built by my LBS for a fellow little local ripper. The fork setup worked out perfect if you're looking for 20" Dh fork setups:cheers:
Any more info on how they did the fork? Very cool. I can totally see my son on one of those when he's ready.

x

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Plus, Seb... It came from the works of BMW. They know their $hit.
Well you'd think so, but his argument of "the crown hits on the frame, not the stanchion" is completely irrelevantto the point I was making about the fork's tendency to twist horribly in a crash, suggesting maybe he doesn't know his stuff ;)

Anyway, it's a minor point - I did start my original post by saying it's a very cool looking bike!

sixsixtysix

Monkey
Mar 6, 2005
Hell
Any more info on how they did the fork? Very cool. I can totally see my son on one of those when he's ready.

x

Its a 2002 Shiver SC with 120mm of travel. The crowns were cut off and then a pair of older Super T crowns were used to make it a dual crown. Works perfectly with a 20" wheel (enough clearance).

Here's the little ripper in action on it, seems he can handle the 29lb bike pretty well for a 8 yr old:clapping:

Attachments

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
Its a 2002 Shiver SC with 120mm of travel. The crowns were cut off and then a pair of older Super T crowns were used to make it a dual crown. Works perfectly with a 20" wheel (enough clearance).

Here's the little ripper in action on it, seems he can handle the 29lb bike pretty well for a 8 yr old:clapping:
Really cool stuff! I like the custom disc mount on the back as well.

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
Yeah, its cool to see the guys you ride with's kids getting into it as they get older. The rear brake adapter is a Brake Therapy floating brake adapter.
My son is only coming up on three so he won't be on anything like that soon but it's cool to see that something can be pieced together when he's ready.

BROOKLYN1

Chimp
Jul 29, 2007

were did you get the mini pressure suit I cant seem to find one?