Quantcast

New Build Preview...

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
After having my 07 Specialized Fuse IV only a couple weeks, my buddy built up a new Superstar, and after i rode it, i knew i'd have to sell my specialized.
i wanted a lighter bike with steeper angles than the fuse, and i knew it would be worthless to upgrade my fuse part by part if it was brand new anyways.
i realized i had made a mistake, and decided that i would build a new bike, to my specs, and just sell my fuse.
Well after ordering everything, i got most of my parts- just missing my frame and rear wheel, and then its done.

i'm 6'4, so thats why im running 21" tt, 8" bars.

if you're interested in a basically new Fuse IV, email me...i'm willing to make a deal.

samalter@gmail.com

Heres the build:

Frame: Fly 3amigos - 21", 13.75 cs, light blue
Fork: Oddysey Classic Race 3/8"
Front Wheel: Premium Aero
Rear Wheel: Profile mini, Hazard Lite, black spokes,10T driver
Cranks: Fly Bikes
Sprocket: Fly Bikes 26T
BB: Fly Bikes Spanish
Pedals: Specialized Lo-Pro Mag
Seat: Macneil SL
Bars: United Squad 8"
Stem: Odyssey Elementary V2
Headset: Kink Integrated
Tires: KHE Premium Street
Grips: Odyssey Team
Brake: Odyssey Evo2
Lever: Odyssey Mono V2
Cable: Odyssey Linear Slic

and heres a picture:

Frame/Wheel should be here thursday, complete pics by this weekend.

f0ggy

Monkey
Aug 6, 2006
Ca
looks sick, does this mean youll be selling your fuse cheap? I might be interested.

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
Good build, but I think you will find a 26T w 10T spins out too quick. For me at least, I like a 30T sprocket w 9T driver. or maybe I'm just weird..
damn... i had 28/10, and i thought that was too hard.

im still learning a lot, so im figured i'd be in parking garages a lot, not going that fast.

and yeah,t he fuse is for sale.
email me.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Lookin smooth. I'm not sure you want to paint the pedals, though... it will wear off very quickly. Why not just buy a pair of black or white or blue?

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
Lookin smooth. I'm not sure you want to paint the pedals, though... it will wear off very quickly. Why not just buy a pair of black or white or blue?
i said the same thing to a buddy of mine a year ago when he painted the same pedals black on his demo-he still uses them today on his bmx, and thye look like my gold pedals-but black---mostly silver anyways.

i figure i have these pedals, they are extremely light weight(JC's are another poudn heavier, arnt they?)

unless i throw down for white Fly pedals, i dont see a pedal that catches my eye and is light enough.

oh yeah...i brought it into the shop yesterday to get my brake dialed...weighed in at 19.2, no cranks, bb, chain, pedals.
cranks/bb=2lbs flat, pedals=17.5oz, chain=8oz, after its trimmed: hoping for high 22, low 23's.