Quantcast

New build. .

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
New frame I am working on for a friend thats wants to switch to 24s. We are doing a 1 3/4" pierced downtube like the old fbms. Should be a cool bike. . .

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Definately not perfect in terms of appearance, but plenty strong.

I have still not mastered my torch and filler angle as I move around the tube and that has a lot to do with puddle shape. Allways room for improvement ;)

I just look forward to ridding it. . .

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
great job dude. most people will never know how much skill and patience that takes.
Thanks for the compliment. I am lucky that I had a friend who was an outstanding builder and he gave me a starting point. Once you know the basics of wall thickness, tube diameter angles and such it really just comes down to practice and refining your process.

I don't want to say its easy, but I would say that anyone that feels comfortable with tools in their hands can do it.

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Been busy workin on the trails and riding, but I finally got back in the garage to get it finished. . . .

shaped chain stays. . .

Just need to burn on a disk brake tab and its off to paint. . .

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Thanks for the good words.

Yeah Cru, I use the box chainstays mainly because they are easier to shape and keep oriented in the same plane. Its just a little detail I like, for whatever reason.

I really want to get a cruser built with v-brakes, but I have to start getting ready for my fall trail jam so time is limited. . . .