Quantcast

New Camera dirt jumpin pictures

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
T-Pirate said:
Wow that image really pops out at you. Nice. I don't think I can get my old Sharp to do that. You have really stopped the motion in all those shots. When ever I have messed with fast shutter speed settings I end up with funny looking blue pictures. I wish I knew what I was doing wrong....

Curiouscaptian01

It's not poo
Dec 1, 2003
California
MMcG said:
that's a pretty slick lookin Imperial - do you have any photos of just that bike?

Is that a new acquisition for your friend there?
I have had it for awhile now, just built it up recently though... here is a picture of just the bike, some things are different now

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Curiouscaptian01 said:
Dude you stink wiggins, last time I let you be the small spoon.

ok mabye this Saturday we will have a repeat.... hahaha
what are you talkin about you silly little freak. anyway if ya'll need a place to crash you are more than welcome to crash at my new place on the westsyde of asheville.

Curiouscaptian01

It's not poo
Dec 1, 2003
California
biggins said:
what are you talkin about you silly little freak. anyway if ya'll need a place to crash you are more than welcome to crash at my new place on the westsyde of asheville.
mabye, not sure though, got to get to PeeWee's bright and early to defend my title hahahahaha

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
yeah unfortunately i wont be making it to peewees this year. got saturday off but not sunday. its only about 1.5 hours from here to lincolnton.

Curiouscaptian01

It's not poo
Dec 1, 2003
California
biggins said:
yeah unfortunately i wont be making it to peewees this year. got saturday off but not sunday. its only about 1.5 hours from here to lincolnton.
Damn Wiggins who else is going to smoke a cig and huck themselves all in the name of inbreeding... "Plant seed on the first date"

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
merrrrjig said:
Pretty sick! What lens do you have? Do you shoot on manual? I have the 20D w/ 28-135 IS USM & 18-55 kit lens and a 420EX flash.

Right now I'm working with the kit lens, an old 35-80 and an 80-200 from my old old film rebel. I shoot exclusively on manual, I learned it on my old camera and my film SLR.

SS, I haven't shot on RAW yet, I don't really know what it is/how it works yet.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Good pics - few quick suggestions that may help ya out:

-Learn to shoot raw, then you can easily adjust for exposure and WB after the fact (altho these look good now). Basically RAW is exactly what the sensor sees. There is no sharpening, and no adjustments made to it at all. Set the camera to Adobe RGB and you will have a massive color gamut to work with..no color clipping will occur. It is very effective as you can go back and edit the exposure and WB after the fact if you dont nail it at first, or if you have changing conditions.

-Learn to use Photoshop to really adjust the levels and color saturation (a few of those could use it to really make them pop).

-Finally, use a bit slow shutter and pan. This will allow you to keep some semblance of speed in the picture (tire spin etc), and blur out the background some. I find 1/350th works wel-l for DJs.