Quantcast

NEW! Camp of Champions at Diablo Freeride Park

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey

Whistler's premier summer camp is coming to Diablo this August!

Diablo Freeride Park, home of the U.S. Open, is hosting the first-ever Camp of Champions session located outside of Whistler. The first of its kind on the east coast, the Camp of Champions at Diablo Freeride Park will take place August 23-31 and will offer the ultimate camp and learning experience.

Campers will benefit by learning on some of the most diverse terrain found anywhere on the planet while being taught by some of the best coaches in freeriding. The Camp of Champions coaches will be trekking to Diablo Freeride Park to offer-up in depth coaching and the unique flavor that has made Camp of Champions the go-to camp in Whistler. Various techniques will be covered including jumping, cornering, line choice as well as racing, technical riding and general bike skills and habits.

Whether you are a mountain biking novice or a seasoned veteran looking to improve your bag of tricks, the Camp of Champions at Diablo Freeride Park is your source to become a better rider!

Space is extremely limited! To learn more about the Camp of Champions at Diablo Freeride Park, please visit: http://campofchampions.com/diablo/

Online camp registration open Saturday June 28th!

Last edited:

lilswert11

Chimp
Jun 16, 2008
NY
I went to the camp of champions in whistler two summers ago and it was one of the best experiences of my life, I've never learned that much in one week.

lilswert11

Chimp
Jun 16, 2008
NY
this is diablo not whistler...whistler is 10 times better than diablo
True, but i guess what i was trying to say is that camp of champs is known to have great coaches so even though the price is high, you will get MUCH better even in the short amount of time.

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
I'll second lilswert's comment. I just got back from there and yes, Whistler is a better mountain, if not the best mountain in the world for it, and you do learn a lot. I can see it working almost as well at Diablo because of the toughness of the trails there and the speedy lift. Every day at Whistler we would only do maybe 7-10 runs but at Diablo that translates to easily 15. The coaches are great, Ryan Hayes in particular who kept trying to get me to go pet the "fuzzy brown cows." Well worth it.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
it isint really a wast. but if you want to learn from the pros its worth it
Ok, 2 questions for you Foxrox...
A-Do you have a job?
B-Do you have a job?

Learn the value of money. Not bashing on diablo, because of I love that mountain so much, but for that kind of money, you misewell go to whistler to ride for a week and stay in a crappy hotel. But a lot is entailed it seems though. But still, if your in it for the training, just go to whistler and ride with some buddies that are better than you.