Quantcast

New Canfield Brothers Site makes its debut

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
What's the wait like? Months or years? I'd really like to get one sometime next year.

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
are they making the new f1's in house now? Is that why they are cromo? or are they still being made in taiwan? not that it matters, just curious.

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
A year ago didn't they only offer one size in the F-1?
I was seriously considering them when I bought my latest dh bike and I remember size was a concern.

AAAND: notice in the geo section for the F-1, measurement "D" from the bb to the handlebars. That's exactly what I've been saying every frame manufacturer should spec. It's the most important sizing # for dh bikes IMO.

Thrillkil

Monkey
May 25, 2005
Isla Vista, CA
From what I gather, the signature model bikes still have an absurd waiting time, but the F1's do not. Why they would do an all-cromo version is beyond me, however. Isn't the F1 supposed to be a race bike, and the Fatty Fat a freerider?

flymybike

Monkey
Jan 7, 2004
Jackson Hole
Hey everybody!
Glad your digging the bikes and site.
Not sure about the runtime errors but we will be updating and it is a new site. We are working hard to make it great.

The "D" is the downhill sizing and we agree, it's the one dimension on a downhill bike that actually tells you the true size and how it will fit.

The F1 has 3 sizes this year. Excited about being able to get a wider range of people on them and fitting them perfectly.

So right now I'm over at the factory overseeing the entire production run start to finish. For me, it's really cool to be able to work so closely with a company with such dedication to a quality product and a willingness to go the extra mile to accomidate my sometimes overly damanding wants and needs. I'll be here for the next 7 weeks or so. The bikes will be getting shipped about the time I leave so maybe a month after that we will be making our first shippments to customers.
cheers and happy trails
Lance

flymybike

Monkey
Jan 7, 2004
Jackson Hole
Thrillkil said:
From what I gather, the signature model bikes still have an absurd waiting time, but the F1's do not. Why they would do an all-cromo version is beyond me, however. Isn't the F1 supposed to be a race bike, and the Fatty Fat a freerider?
The F1 will be available soon, around Febuary.

There are alot of reasons to have a 4130 bike but I'm not sure if you realize it's not all cromo. The rear and links are 7005, stiff where it should be and strong and compiant where it really needs to be for longevity. Yes the F1 is a race bike and it's only a 1/4 lb. heavier than the aluminum version. I refuse to have a bike that will fatigue after a season or two. Plus the ride quality is so much nicer, ever ride a alum road bike then jump on a steel roady, huge difference. Anyway there's lots of reasons and you'll be able to read all about our reasoning on that subject soon at www.canfieldbrothers.com
cheers

ghettogt76

Monkey
Dec 5, 2001
Pleasant Hill, Kali'fo'nya
I've been looking at getting an F1 for next season. Do you guys ever come out to cali for any reason? I really want to ride one before I buy one, as I haven't done that enough in the past. Are the F1's made in the USA or overseas? Just curious.

Frames look GREAT!

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
the balance looks sweet but the lucky sounds more like what I want. So, when can we get a drawing or pic.

fattyfat1

Monkey
Mar 22, 2005
Kelso, WA
flymybike said:
The F1 will be available soon, around Febuary.

There are alot of reasons to have a 4130 bike but I'm not sure if you realize it's not all cromo. The rear and links are 7005, stiff where it should be and strong and compiant where it really needs to be for longevity. Yes the F1 is a race bike and it's only a 1/4 lb. heavier than the aluminum version. I refuse to have a bike that will fatigue after a season or two. Plus the ride quality is so much nicer, ever ride a alum road bike then jump on a steel roady, huge difference. Anyway there's lots of reasons and you'll be able to read all about our reasoning on that subject soon at www.canfieldbrothers.com
cheers
hey Lance, just so you know, mines getting used. 3rd season and still no problems!

Attachments

VMARTINEZ

Monkey
May 23, 2005
I just rode with Chris and Lance last Friday and lance was going to Taiwan on monday to oversee the production run on the F1's and balances. He said he will also pick up some prototypes.

mtbpaint1

Monkey
Apr 25, 2005
University of Connecticut
im so proud to have my baby, she's so awesome. We have never gotten in any fights there has been no problems, she's never made me want to look at someone else, and dude words cant explain how she rides.....next week we're going to have to seperate though because she insists on getting plastic (gloss white paint job) and in this pic she's not wearing the DHX (obvisouly)

Thanks chris and lance for making the best bike EVER