Quantcast

New Car help

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Guys - Price & family are evidently filthy rich. So I say go for the new car. Hell - why not get a Porsche and toss a hitch-mount rack on it?

He won't have to worry about down payments on houses, new bikes, etc.

Sometimes the regular rules simply do not apply. :p

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
binary visions said:
Exactly.

Just because you have the money, doesn't make a brand new car a wise investment.
A new car is never an "investment" - unless you haul $hit with it. I guess maybe if you have your own business & the biz pays for it. Even then, it's really more of an expense than an investment.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
SkaredShtles said:
Guys - Price & family are evidently filthy rich. So I say go for the new car. Hell - why not get a Porsche and toss a hitch-mount rack on it?

He won't have to worry about down payments on houses, new bikes, etc.

Sometimes the regular rules simply do not apply. :p
I really don't know where you got that from. Sure, my dad is filthy rich, but tell me now, when was the last time I saw him. the only reason he pays for my insurance is because he has to.

I work two jobs and my mother does the same. Ever since my sister moved out, I literally have to help my mom out with things. I have one more year of child support from my father, and thats it.

Buying bikes is a different thing, it's called factory support. And houses, I'm only 17, and don't like at home for the time being, I have untill I'm 22 untill I need to start searching for livings areas.

Back of S.S.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
That vehicle is built for off roading. Are you getting it because you are going to be off roading all the time or cuz it looks cool?

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
ThePriceSeliger said:
Right now I have a Dodge 1500 with a nice build, but I can make SO much money if I sell it.
If you can actually make money selling a car--sell it--especially since it is a Dodge. Generally speaking, American cars don’t hold their value like a Toyota or Honda. It’s a drag, but it’s reality.

You really can’t go wrong with a Toyota; you know it will be a reliable, trouble free, vehicle. I would say dump the Dodge before it gives you problems and get a Tundra. Or maybe you could save your parents some money, and get a used Tacoma...

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
ThePriceSeliger said:
I really don't know where you got that from. Sure, my dad is filthy rich, but tell me now, when was the last time I saw him. the only reason he pays for my insurance is because he has to.

I work two jobs and my mother does the same. Ever since my sister moved out, I literally have to help my mom out with things. I have one more year of child support from my father, and thats it.

Buying bikes is a different thing, it's called factory support. And houses, I'm only 17, and don't like at home for the time being, I have untill I'm 22 untill I need to start searching for livings areas.

Back of S.S.
Edit......Nevermind, found what I was lookin for...

J

JRB

I don't like the FJ, but you can all kiss the kid's ass. Who cares what he has, or doesn't have??? He is actually a super cool kid. I haven't chatted with him, since I am never on AIM, but he PM'd for a sign on while he was home sick. If you don't know him, f*ck off. It's none of you people's business. At least it's not some stupid ass beer/dildo thread. Jesus Christ.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
loco said:
I don't like the FJ, but you can all kiss the kid's ass. Who cares what he has, or doesn't have??? He is actually a super cool kid. I haven't chatted with him, since I am never on AIM, but he PM'd for a sign on while he was home sick. If you don't know him, f*ck off. It's none of you people's business. At least it's not some stupid ass beer/dildo thread. Jesus Christ.
H8R - we now have a panty bunched in isle 6. H8R with a debuncher to isle 6, please...........

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
H8R - we now have a panty bunched in isle 6. H8R with a debuncher to isle 6, please...........
Why??? Because the kid doesn't owe anyone an explanation??? It was a f*cking thread about a car. Sheesh.

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
The boy needs to get himself some thicker skin and a sense of humor if he's going to survive the Internet. :D
Or maybe people should be intelligent enough to draw their own boundaries.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Price you threw it out there without actually asking a question at the beginning, and you know this bunch, so you should expect it. But what's funny is that you are handling yourself fine, it's the others that are getting excited.

Anyway, I tend to agree that you should stay away from the first year of a new car, even a Toyota. I'd have to see one in person to give an opinion of the aesthetic, from what I've seen they could be really cool or they could be the new Liberty.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
I just got back from the dealership and I talked to a guy about them. He said mainly rock climbing and rough off-roading, which I probley won't be doing to that extent. I also looked at a smaller version of my truck and it looked really nice, with almost the same power, just alot smaller.