Quantcast

New Classifieds

Munster

Monkey
Sep 5, 2001
Eastern Canada
I like the new classifieds, especially splitting up the components. But why are there no separate sections for cranks, bottom brackets or pedals?

DH biker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2004
North East
One more question... it won't let me Post a wanted ad. I get to step two and then I can't choose anything in the dro-down menu.

Also... why can't I always see the "pros and cons" in the reviews section?

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
I really dig the seperation of components. One of the few things I never liked about the site.

I recommend a "size" column (i.e. seatpost, rear shocks, frames, bikes, etc.)

I have mixed feelings about the auto visible description. It makes it difficult to scan, and now that the components are broken into sections, it seems redundant.

$0.02

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
Biscuit said:
I have mixed feelings about the auto visible description. It makes it difficult to scan, and now that the components are broken into sections, it seems redundant.
I'm sorta getting used to it actually. I just wish the rows were narrower so more listings were visible at a time.

And the # of views is relatively useless IMHO.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I like it, but I wish there was a "size" column and I also think there shouldn't be a 5 item maximum.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
The limit only means you can't have more than 5 active ads at a time, which is lots for most people, and if you're planning on selling lots, you can get a Premium Membership and post unlimited ads.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Ah, I didn't know a Premium Membership would un-do that feature.

But then again, think about how many people used to have ads in the Buy and Sell along the lines of "garage sale," with like 50 little odds and ends. If you un-did the 5 max feature you'd have more active ads, making the feature look more "active" and alive, therefore drawing in more members and interest.

Ridemonkey

Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I think if people are going to be selling 50 odds and ends they can probably splurge for a premium membership that costs a little over $2 per month. For the average person 5 items at a time should be plenty.

Natedogg

Monkey
Jun 10, 2003
Mazzzzchappi
Sorry if Im just blind, but did the "good sellers thread" get moved over to the new board? Didnt see it first time through...

<edit> I think I found it... under feedback... So is it cool to post feedback to people that we have dealt with in the past?

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
could you also spereate front and read suspention .

rear shocks could use there own cat.

thanks alex

dgrif

Monkey
Apr 12, 2006
colo spigs
Natedogg said:
Sorry if Im just blind, but did the "good sellers thread" get moved over to the new board? Didnt see it first time through...

<edit> I think I found it... under feedback... So is it cool to post feedback to people that we have dealt with in the past?
I couldnt find it either.. where is this "feedback" section you speak of, and is that the section we should start using for good sellers? Hope somehow that hasn't been totally deleted.. was a useful thread.

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
Ridemonkey said:
I've increased the limit for non-Premium Members to 10 active ads.
Can you make it so that "Free" adds don't count in this "10"?

The generosity of the RM community is one of the most awesome things here. It would be a shame to limit it.

Ridemonkey

Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Biscuit said:
Can you make it so that "Free" adds don't count in this "10"?

The generosity of the RM community is one of the most awesome things here. It would be a shame to limit it.
Hmm that makes sense...not sure that there's an easy way to do that though. I'll look into it.

Natedogg

Monkey
Jun 10, 2003
Mazzzzchappi
dgrif said:
I couldnt find it either.. where is this "feedback" section you speak of, and is that the section we should start using for good sellers? Hope somehow that hasn't been totally deleted.. was a useful thread.
I dont know why no one is responding to the feedback or good sellers thread questions... I found the feedback by going to the classifieds section and then clicking on the sellers name. It doesnt appear that the feedback page is available anywhere other than in the classified forum area. (?)

Hmmm... I cant find the old good sellers thread either. Head monkey dude, can we get that back--at least for a short time so I can remember who Ive dealt with so I can leave them feedback on the new system?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Wow, nice. A bit un-related but the new RM look w/ classifieds/reviews is a LOT better, and the multiple skins is awesome. Congrats on making the best forum even better. :thumb:

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
Sometimes I am not looking for a specific type of part, just seeing what is for sale. It is harder to scan the ads now, too many small categories. For the components category for example would it be possible to have a master list for them show up when you click components, the newest ads listed.... that could be underneath all the small categories. just a thought...

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Ah sweet, maybe make that a bit more visible? Took me a bit to find it - green button up top maybe?

Also can we have a user selectable ads per page type thing? I'd prefer to see 50 ads on a page rather then across 5 pages or whatever.

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
Transcend said:
Also can we have a user selectable ads per page type thing? I'd prefer to see 50 ads on a page rather then across 5 pages or whatever.
Yeah, more ads per page like 50 would be great, a lot easier to look at.