Quantcast

new comfort dh race course

mcdurly1

Chimp
Dec 8, 2001
Austin, TX
on saturday a bunch of people met out at comfort and I feel like it went great. the new course is going to rock, and I promise that it will give more challenge than the old courses. this course will offer the same amount of technical riding but the other thing is that it will be longer, way freaking faster, way more flow, way cooler looking, and the finish line will be out in the open. the way I am setting up the course is going to be awesome from the spectator point of view as well.... which means its better for the race promoter getting sponsors, the land owner making it worth his while, and the racers for all the obvious reasons. the course runs from the very top(same start) all the way down to where the shuttle picks up. cool thing is there is no uphill at all, and there is only about fifty feet of a flat section. the entire course is going to be really really fast. I'm putting in some rad jump sections...huge berms.... rock gardens..... off camber stuff..... everything you could want and expect out of a downhill course. the course will be the same for all riders. if you dont want to pin it you dont have to. If you want to pin it the course will be a little different for ya. anyone who's ridden the trails that i have built will tell you that I dont mess around. usually i have good vision for this type of thing. anyone who wants to help me out I would really appreciate it. building this new course shouldnt take too long.... my home boy Dustin has a bobcat that we will be using for all the berms, stepdown jumps, and table top jumps. once that thing comes out there it going to get really sick. Im going to try and get out there every saturday and sunday til the course is finished. if anyone wants to give me a shout to work there with me my email is dmbservice@yahoo.com.

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
so are you running the course down the jeep trail that is used to shuttle riders to the top?

i remember that being steep and rocky. that would be badass to fly down. Angel Fire has a couple of sections where you can top out your bike as fast as it will go. Twisties and technical is fun but so is hauling A$$ wide open.

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
I'm going to be down in February visiting my mom in Austin, Any Monkeys wanna hook up for a ride at Comfort? I had the chance to ride at Comfort Last February and thought it wasnt bad for Texas DH. I enjoyed it. Any chance of Getting some Monkeys together and getting permission for using a shuttle Vehicle? I have Room in my truck for 4 Bikes and 4 People in the Toyota. That'd be awesome! :thumb:

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
bpatterson6 said:
I'm going to be down in February visiting my mom in Austin, Any Monkeys wanna hook up for a ride at Comfort? I had the chance to ride at Comfort Last February and thought it wasnt bad for Texas DH. I enjoyed it. Any chance of Getting some Monkeys together and getting permission for using a shuttle Vehicle? I have Room in my truck for 4 Bikes and 4 People in the Toyota. That'd be awesome! :thumb:
i bet we could get 4-5 people from dallas to show up.

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
Jimmy_Pop said:
i bet we could get 4-5 people from dallas to show up.
Nice. I drive a black Toyota Tacoma and Ride an Azonic Eliminator.
Decked in 661 Gear.
It will be Saturday February 19th and Sunday February 20th.
Let's make plans. You Down?? :sneaky:
Since it's Close to my mom's house I think I will make the trek over to Twin Parks as well.

Mr Big

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
The Betty Ford Clinic
as of last weekend we have about 70% of the sport/expert course cut only. sometime next month we will be out there with the tracktor building the jumps and berms. its fast. really fast.