Quantcast

New Crank! Leafcycles Motostick

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
They look pretty sweet, I will wait and see how they hold up for people though.
Most of the bmx cranks in that weight range have breaking issues.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
moto-licious.

doesn't really look like a true "2-piece" crank... just appears to have a press-fit spindle the customer can't adjust/remove like traditional style.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
Who makes a "true" 2 piece?
ha, good question...

Not too sure these days, besides "mtb" components... The Fly is what they label as a "2.5 piece" apparantly, similar design as this Leaf, it just eliminates one bolt. I think the wombolts are actually a welded 2pc... either way, press-fit or welded, I guess it's still all very similar.
Well, I've got an old set of Tioga Revolvers on my singletrack slicer, haha! You could say those are two piece.

Pesling

Chimp
Dec 7, 2007
Germany
The Leaf crank is not like Flybikes, KHE or Odyssey, it's self developed by Leafcycles and it's a true 2-piece crank not 2,5 or something else.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
hey dave watch those demolition medials. i had a lrg crack around the pedal boss welds. getting warrantied.

leafs look cool but weight is scary plus all v1 2 pc/2.5 pc cranks had problems. what makes leaf different? i like all the size options.

word. I'll log that one in the file.
I think I've been good since mine are on a full suspension bike, which doesn't take as much direct impact as a hardtail/rigid... but damn, the warning will keep me on my toes for sure.

Pesling said:
The Leaf crank is not like Flybikes, KHE or Odyssey, it's self developed by Leafcycles and it's a true 2-piece crank not 2,5 or something else.
well, seems I started something... not that it matters, but man, I swear in that photo it looks like a separate piece for the spindle is pressed into that crank arm.... not a one-piece crankarm & spindle formed together.

Defenestrated

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Earth
In the practical sense it is a 2 piece crank.

In the structural sense it is a 3 piece with one side of the spindle press fit to the arm.

From what I gather anywho.

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
word. I'll log that one in the file.
I think I've been good since mine are on a full suspension bike, which doesn't take as much direct impact as a hardtail/rigid... but damn, the warning will keep me on my toes for sure.

I was a witness to a failure of Medials as well. It was at the same location right at the outside edge of the pedal boss weld. My buddy noticed something odd when he was pedaling around. Stopped, looked and it was about 1/4 of the way around. Good thing he noticed it...