Quantcast

new cx bike- imput plz

yetiking4

Chimp
Sep 21, 2007
i'm selling a old bike to buy/build a new bike.

i want a really sturdy strong frame. something that doesn't move at all when you crank'en all out on it.

i was thing of a intense spider exp or fro- whats the diffrence? besides weight?

or a yeti asr. but it there is a really nice sturdy bike out tell me.

Thanks
Daniel

Bevis

Chimp
May 24, 2007
Norcal
In my opinion hard to beat a steel frame set. I ride a Kelly CX and would like to experiment with a 29er mountain frame. The only problem is bar width when racing cross.

Sep 20, 2007
Champaign, IL
My buddy is on the Redline CX frame and the thing feels SOLID. He is a decent sized dude (6'2" ~190 ish) and has no complaints with it. I remember looking at the Yeti and I was shocked that it wasn't spec-ed out with a compact crank. I mean.... its something you could change but what were they thinking?

yetiking4

Chimp
Sep 21, 2007
i usually buy old frames and build them up form there.

yeti is a strange company, but better then intense.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
You mean XC not CX right?

"FRO" designation means "For Racing Only". So if you are a big boy and ride it as your trail bike you aren't going to get much support in the way of warranty. Actually most companies that make FRO frames usually don't have much of a warranty on these frames because they are limited purpose frames with weight savings that you won't get on the "normal" version of the same frame.

Both (the intense and yeti) are super nice. If you can throw a leg over both. Personally I'd probably go with the Intense all things being equal.

If you really need a FRO type frame look up the Nitrous from Turner.

yetiking4

Chimp
Sep 21, 2007
so fro is for racing only. meaning that it is light a physically possible.

i have a biest over intense becasue i have seen and built there frames and allways find littel bits of metal at the bottom. other then that i love the things.

Thanks for the help

Daniel

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
My buddy is on the Redline CX frame and the thing feels SOLID. He is a decent sized dude (6'2" ~190 ish) and has no complaints with it. I remember looking at the Yeti and I was shocked that it wasn't spec-ed out with a compact crank. I mean.... its something you could change but what were they thinking?
they were thinking that no one who races cross can ride a 53 on a cx race course or even off road at all.
so they went with a set up that offered a little low(er) gearing. its still not low enough, they are still taking a way out instead of doing the right build kit. if they really wanted to do it right they would replace the rings and put some fsa rings or something along those lines that are usable for most ppl on a cx bike, ie 38/44